Jun 27, 2013, 12:25 PM PDT
Oakland Athletics reliever Sean Doolittle is being hazed every day by his teammates — and he loves it. Doolittle carries a pink Hello Kitty backpack to the bullpen before each game. Recently, A’s reliever Jerry Blevins, the senior-most member of the bullpen, bought a unicorn backpack that they attached to the existing Hello Kitty bag, forming a Franken-bag of sorts.
“Originally it was going to replace the old one, but the size wasn’t adequate enough,” Blevins said. “Instead of scrapping it, because it’s such a beautiful thing, a unicorn, and you can’t kill a unicorn, I think that might be some type of sin against nature, we had to implement a merging of the two.”
Have you ever wondered what Doolittle keeps in that pink disaster of a backpack? The lefty reliever answers the question in this video.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Giants lineup: Nunez scratched, Williamson in left field
- Cooper: 'I can go nowhere but up,' wants improved play down the stretch
- Giants notes: Growing group of infielders trying to transition to outfield
- Never-Before-Seen Parts of Winchester Mystery House Unveiled
- One-time A's draft pick Aaron Judge now toast of New York
- Man Found Stabbed to Death in SF's Bernal Heights Park: PD
- Death Linked to Botulism Reported in Napa County
- Jury to Start Deliberating Thursday in Jail Guards' Trial
- Podcast: NBC's Tirico on Open, Olympics, Tiger and Coach Belichick
- U.S. Women's Open sectional qualifying results
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|