Jun 27, 2013, 12:25 PM PDT
Oakland Athletics reliever Sean Doolittle is being hazed every day by his teammates — and he loves it. Doolittle carries a pink Hello Kitty backpack to the bullpen before each game. Recently, A’s reliever Jerry Blevins, the senior-most member of the bullpen, bought a unicorn backpack that they attached to the existing Hello Kitty bag, forming a Franken-bag of sorts.
“Originally it was going to replace the old one, but the size wasn’t adequate enough,” Blevins said. “Instead of scrapping it, because it’s such a beautiful thing, a unicorn, and you can’t kill a unicorn, I think that might be some type of sin against nature, we had to implement a merging of the two.”
Have you ever wondered what Doolittle keeps in that pink disaster of a backpack? The lefty reliever answers the question in this video.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Calaveras Reservoir Fire Grows to 128 Acres
- Vigil Held for Murdered Waitress in 1996 Cold Case
- How A's Sheldon Neuse made smooth transition from third base to second
- A's induct five Hall of Famers before crushing Rangers
- Carpool to the Park with Javier Lopez and Jeff Francoeur
- Drive of the Game: Marcus Semien crushes 32nd homer of season
- A's score seven runs in first inning, go on to crush Rangers 12-3
- A's Barreto, Profar turn incredible game-ending double play vs. Rangers
- Is Jordan Poole-Zendaya date happening? Warriors rookie says he's trying
- Martin Jones 'really solid' in preseason debut despite Sharks' loss
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|