Jun 27, 2013, 12:25 PM PST
Oakland Athletics reliever Sean Doolittle is being hazed every day by his teammates — and he loves it. Doolittle carries a pink Hello Kitty backpack to the bullpen before each game. Recently, A’s reliever Jerry Blevins, the senior-most member of the bullpen, bought a unicorn backpack that they attached to the existing Hello Kitty bag, forming a Franken-bag of sorts.
“Originally it was going to replace the old one, but the size wasn’t adequate enough,” Blevins said. “Instead of scrapping it, because it’s such a beautiful thing, a unicorn, and you can’t kill a unicorn, I think that might be some type of sin against nature, we had to implement a merging of the two.”
Have you ever wondered what Doolittle keeps in that pink disaster of a backpack? The lefty reliever answers the question in this video.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|