Jun 27, 2013, 12:25 PM PDT
Oakland Athletics reliever Sean Doolittle is being hazed every day by his teammates — and he loves it. Doolittle carries a pink Hello Kitty backpack to the bullpen before each game. Recently, A’s reliever Jerry Blevins, the senior-most member of the bullpen, bought a unicorn backpack that they attached to the existing Hello Kitty bag, forming a Franken-bag of sorts.
“Originally it was going to replace the old one, but the size wasn’t adequate enough,” Blevins said. “Instead of scrapping it, because it’s such a beautiful thing, a unicorn, and you can’t kill a unicorn, I think that might be some type of sin against nature, we had to implement a merging of the two.”
Have you ever wondered what Doolittle keeps in that pink disaster of a backpack? The lefty reliever answers the question in this video.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Throwback Thursday: The 2002 All-Star Game tie debacle
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|