Jul 21, 2013, 8:47 PM PDT
Consistency is key in Major League Baseball. It’s a sport rife with superstition, certain failure, and obsessive routine. If any of the usual options afforded a pro baseball player are off, there can be hell to pay.
The guardians of the gear, the clubhouse attendants, are the ones responsible for maintaining the comforts of the clubhouse and dugout. They aren’t often seen or heard. They aren’t paid much except for tips in many cases. Yet, they can be some of the most important people around the team.
“Clubbies” sort the mail, run errands, help keep equipment sorted and clean, and carry most of the items needed for the game to and from the clubhouse. Here’s a look at the preparation portion of their daily dugout ritual.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Taking a closer look at Ryan's criticism of Shanahan
- Grace had 'no idea' his 62 was lowest in a major
- Johnny's call: Grace's 62 'sweet,' course 'really easy'
- Live blog, The Open: Day 3 at Royal Birkdale
- Grace becomes first man to shoot 62 in a major
- Watch: Full replays of The Open coverage
- Highlights: Brandon Crawford starts game with smooth backhand gem
- Headed for 100 losses, Giants quietly give up on "Don't Stop Believin'" tradition
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways as Giants lose marathon in extras to Padres
- Odd Reason Postpones Shoreline Amphitheatre Concert
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|