Jul 21, 2013, 8:47 PM PDT
Consistency is key in Major League Baseball. It’s a sport rife with superstition, certain failure, and obsessive routine. If any of the usual options afforded a pro baseball player are off, there can be hell to pay.
The guardians of the gear, the clubhouse attendants, are the ones responsible for maintaining the comforts of the clubhouse and dugout. They aren’t often seen or heard. They aren’t paid much except for tips in many cases. Yet, they can be some of the most important people around the team.
“Clubbies” sort the mail, run errands, help keep equipment sorted and clean, and carry most of the items needed for the game to and from the clubhouse. Here’s a look at the preparation portion of their daily dugout ritual.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kings' 10 best free agency options to fill small forward vacancy
- NBA free agency 2019 predictions: Landing spots for marquee names
- Warriors announce 2019 NBA Summer League roster, broadcast schedule
- California Seeks to Bring High-Tech to State Government
- Women's World Cup rankings: How USWNT stands among quarterfinalists
- Why Rockets' reported Jimmy Butler pursuit might be good for Warriors
- WATCH: Giants vs. Rockies
- How Liam Hendriks turned into A's bullpen star one year after being DFA'd
- Jordan Poole highlights: How Warriors' 2019 first-round draft pick can help
- Film Room: What first-round draft pick Jordan Poole adds to Warriors
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|