Jul 21, 2013, 8:47 PM PDT
Consistency is key in Major League Baseball. It’s a sport rife with superstition, certain failure, and obsessive routine. If any of the usual options afforded a pro baseball player are off, there can be hell to pay.
The guardians of the gear, the clubhouse attendants, are the ones responsible for maintaining the comforts of the clubhouse and dugout. They aren’t often seen or heard. They aren’t paid much except for tips in many cases. Yet, they can be some of the most important people around the team.
“Clubbies” sort the mail, run errands, help keep equipment sorted and clean, and carry most of the items needed for the game to and from the clubhouse. Here’s a look at the preparation portion of their daily dugout ritual.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- With Warriors discussing the matter, Curry reaffirms White House stance
- Giants lineup: Hernandez leads off, Williamson in left to start series vs Dodgers
- $900K Worth of Jewelry Stolen in SF Auto Burglary: Police
- USGS: Magnitude 5.7 Quake Strikes off NorCal Coast
- Lackluster Response to Launch of iPhone 8, Apple Watch 3
- Injury report: CB Sean Smith questionable; Washington TE Reed's status uncertain
- Men 'Directed' Mentally Disabled Juvenile to Rob Women: SJPD
- 3 Men Hurt in San Jose Shooting and Stabbing
- Shanahan: Carradine could be heading to IR
- Milo: Free Speech Week at Berkeley is Not Canceled
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard stopped…|