Jul 27, 2013, 12:46 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are rocking gold pants, jerseys and golden oldies as they turn back the clock to 1969 on Saturday. Each player is stepping to the plate to a song from the 60s, but a handful of players actually specifically requested a certain song. Since the oldest A’s player, Bartolo Colon, was born in 1974, none of the players were alive when any of these songs came out. It’s impressive that these guys even knew the names of some of these old-school tracks.
Here’s the list of A’s players that specifically requested a song from the 60s and their selections. The guys that didn’t pick a song will be played to the plate or mound by the Oakland Coliseums’s organist.
|Chavez, Jesse||Low Rider||War||start|
|Crisp, Coco||It’s Your Thing||The Isley Brothers||0:05|
|Donaldson, Josh||For What It’s Worth||Buffalo Springfield||start|
|Doolittle, Sean||Heartbreaker||Led Zeppelin||start|
|Freiman, Nate||Pinball Wizard||The Who||0:30|
|Milone, Tommy||Fortunate Son||Creedence Clearwater||start|
|Neshek, Pat||Time Has Come Today||The Chambers Brothers||start|
|Reddick, Josh||Surfin’ Bird||The Trashmen||start|
|Rosales, Adam||Come Together||The Beatles||start|
|Sogard, Eric||The Lion Sleeps Tonight||The Tokens||start|
|Sogard, Eric||Brown Eyed Girl||Van Morrison||start|
|Young, Chris||I Got The Feelin’||James Brown||0:50|
(Hat tip to A’s manager of player and media relations Adam Loberstein for providing the list)
Is anyone surprised that Josh Reddick chose Surfin’ Bird?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Paralyzed Cal Rugby Player Focused on Recovery, Future
- Ex-Shark Nabby in the Playoffs ... Guiding Barracuda Goalies
- Ratto Stories: Remembering Manchester bombing victims and future of sports
- Williamson stuns Davis in ninth, but earlier mistakes haunt Giants
- FedEx Driver Arrested in Connection With 3 Home Burglaries
- Cal Professor Accused of Sexual Harassment Dismissed
- Moore breaks down outing after going six-plus vs Cubs in fifth loss
- Oakland Boy, 9, Shot While Walking Dog on His Birthday
- Bochy calls out ump for game-ending strike three call in Giants' loss
- Big Sur Inn Offers Helicopter Package to Tour Landslide
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|