Jul 27, 2013, 12:46 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are rocking gold pants, jerseys and golden oldies as they turn back the clock to 1969 on Saturday. Each player is stepping to the plate to a song from the 60s, but a handful of players actually specifically requested a certain song. Since the oldest A’s player, Bartolo Colon, was born in 1974, none of the players were alive when any of these songs came out. It’s impressive that these guys even knew the names of some of these old-school tracks.
Here’s the list of A’s players that specifically requested a song from the 60s and their selections. The guys that didn’t pick a song will be played to the plate or mound by the Oakland Coliseums’s organist.
|Chavez, Jesse||Low Rider||War||start|
|Crisp, Coco||It’s Your Thing||The Isley Brothers||0:05|
|Donaldson, Josh||For What It’s Worth||Buffalo Springfield||start|
|Doolittle, Sean||Heartbreaker||Led Zeppelin||start|
|Freiman, Nate||Pinball Wizard||The Who||0:30|
|Milone, Tommy||Fortunate Son||Creedence Clearwater||start|
|Neshek, Pat||Time Has Come Today||The Chambers Brothers||start|
|Reddick, Josh||Surfin’ Bird||The Trashmen||start|
|Rosales, Adam||Come Together||The Beatles||start|
|Sogard, Eric||The Lion Sleeps Tonight||The Tokens||start|
|Sogard, Eric||Brown Eyed Girl||Van Morrison||start|
|Young, Chris||I Got The Feelin’||James Brown||0:50|
(Hat tip to A’s manager of player and media relations Adam Loberstein for providing the list)
Is anyone surprised that Josh Reddick chose Surfin’ Bird?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Police Searching For Suspect in Armed Robbery of SJ Business
- Hunter Strickland blows two-run lead in 'unacceptable' ninth inning
- Giants Blow 9th-Inning Lead in Loss to Marlins
- Jury Finds 'Berkeley 5' Protesters Not Guilty of Assault
- New Details Released in Sexual Assault of Teen in Palo Alto
- Giants open homestand with sour taste, blow ninth-inning lead in loss to Marlins
- Man Caught on Video Kicking Homeless Person Arrested
- 'Jogger Joe' Pleads Not Guilty to Robbery Charge
- Warriors potential draft target: Melvin Frazier
- Giants fan snags foul ball with great catch
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|