Jul 27, 2013, 12:46 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are rocking gold pants, jerseys and golden oldies as they turn back the clock to 1969 on Saturday. Each player is stepping to the plate to a song from the 60s, but a handful of players actually specifically requested a certain song. Since the oldest A’s player, Bartolo Colon, was born in 1974, none of the players were alive when any of these songs came out. It’s impressive that these guys even knew the names of some of these old-school tracks.
Here’s the list of A’s players that specifically requested a song from the 60s and their selections. The guys that didn’t pick a song will be played to the plate or mound by the Oakland Coliseums’s organist.
|Chavez, Jesse||Low Rider||War||start|
|Crisp, Coco||It’s Your Thing||The Isley Brothers||0:05|
|Donaldson, Josh||For What It’s Worth||Buffalo Springfield||start|
|Doolittle, Sean||Heartbreaker||Led Zeppelin||start|
|Freiman, Nate||Pinball Wizard||The Who||0:30|
|Milone, Tommy||Fortunate Son||Creedence Clearwater||start|
|Neshek, Pat||Time Has Come Today||The Chambers Brothers||start|
|Reddick, Josh||Surfin’ Bird||The Trashmen||start|
|Rosales, Adam||Come Together||The Beatles||start|
|Sogard, Eric||The Lion Sleeps Tonight||The Tokens||start|
|Sogard, Eric||Brown Eyed Girl||Van Morrison||start|
|Young, Chris||I Got The Feelin’||James Brown||0:50|
(Hat tip to A’s manager of player and media relations Adam Loberstein for providing the list)
Is anyone surprised that Josh Reddick chose Surfin’ Bird?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warriors Outsiders Podcast: Player-by-player breakdown of series-clinching win over Spurs
- Suddenly Hot Giants Beat Nationals, Seal 2nd Straight Series
- Warriors take home solid report card after Game 5 win
- Parents Say Bullied Students Kicked Out of School
- Warriors Top Spurs in Game 5, Win First-Round Playoff Series
- 3-Alarm Fire Rips Through Concord Building; 250 Displaced
- Warriors send Spurs home, advance to face Pelicans
- Film room: Assigning responsibility for Mirotic's six 3-pointers vs Warriors on April 7
- Williamson, Belt stay hot to lead Giants to series win
- Bucket-by-bucket: Klay pours in 24 in series clincher
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|