Jul 31, 2013, 2:46 PM PST
Twitter can be a dirty place during the MLB non-waiver trade deadline. Just ask Hunter Pence.
As trade winds swirled around the Giants’ right fielder, some
idiotic clever fans decided to make Pence squirm. The plot: Create a fake movement by simultaneously tweeting messages congratulating Pence for being traded to the Red Sox.
Jameson Fleming from Eye on Baseball was the first to catch wind of the meticulously orchestrated conspiracy.
Here’s how it started:
Here’s how it ended:
They got Pence’s attention. It appears he took it in stride. In the end, the Giants didn’t make any moves at the deadline after getting nothing but “embarrassing offers.“
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 49ers OC candidate Chudzinski remains with Colts
- If only NFL fans were ruthless like WWE fans
- Kraft puts Goodell squarely between rock, hard place
- Trio of youngsters set to return to Sharks
- Bogut: 'I'm the main guy to get our defense going'
- Sharks midseason grades: The Forwards
- Ex-49ers coach re-joins Roman with Bills
- Report: Kings release veteran center Mike Richards
- Sharks sign 20-year-old forward Nikita Jevpalovs
- Pro Bowl a testing range for quirky rules
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|