Jul 31, 2013, 2:46 PM PST
Twitter can be a dirty place during the MLB non-waiver trade deadline. Just ask Hunter Pence.
As trade winds swirled around the Giants’ right fielder, some
idiotic clever fans decided to make Pence squirm. The plot: Create a fake movement by simultaneously tweeting messages congratulating Pence for being traded to the Red Sox.
Jameson Fleming from Eye on Baseball was the first to catch wind of the meticulously orchestrated conspiracy.
Here’s how it started:
Here’s how it ended:
They got Pence’s attention. It appears he took it in stride. In the end, the Giants didn’t make any moves at the deadline after getting nothing but “embarrassing offers.“
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Seahawks beat Cards, in position to win NFC West, No. 1 seed
- San Jose State blown out by Washington State
- 49ers' RT Davis tweets about talking trash to Manti Te'o
- Report: 49ers will part ways with Harbaugh shortly after season
- 49ers Week 16 loss to Chargers: Three positives
- USF goes quiet in OT, loses to Cleveland State
- Sharks' Brown out at least another month; Nieto not ready
- Raiders inactives: T Watson, CB Chekwa out
- 49ers Week 16 loss to Chargers: Three negatives
- Northeastern tops Santa Clara 78-72
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|