Jul 31, 2013, 2:46 PM PDT
Twitter can be a dirty place during the MLB non-waiver trade deadline. Just ask Hunter Pence.
As trade winds swirled around the Giants’ right fielder, some
idiotic clever fans decided to make Pence squirm. The plot: Create a fake movement by simultaneously tweeting messages congratulating Pence for being traded to the Red Sox.
Jameson Fleming from Eye on Baseball was the first to catch wind of the meticulously orchestrated conspiracy.
Here’s how it started:
Here’s how it ended:
They got Pence’s attention. It appears he took it in stride. In the end, the Giants didn’t make any moves at the deadline after getting nothing but “embarrassing offers.“
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Watch: Full replays of The Open coverage
- '98 Open champ O'Meara makes mess of opening hole
- Live blog, The Open: Day 1 at Royal Birkdale
- Father Pushing Stroller Fatally Shot in Street Near Hayward
- Wildfire Burning Near Yosemite Spreads to 75 Square Miles
- Actor Bill Murray Pays Visit to Paralyzed Cal Rugby Player
- Four Inmates Overdose at Santa Clara County Jail
- SJ Police Dog Bites Toddler as Cops Search for Wanted Felon
- Watch: Bunker hole-out for first eagle of 146th Open
- California Rescuers Free Whale Snagged by Fishing Anchors
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|