Jul 31, 2013, 2:46 PM PDT
Twitter can be a dirty place during the MLB non-waiver trade deadline. Just ask Hunter Pence.
As trade winds swirled around the Giants’ right fielder, some
idiotic clever fans decided to make Pence squirm. The plot: Create a fake movement by simultaneously tweeting messages congratulating Pence for being traded to the Red Sox.
Jameson Fleming from Eye on Baseball was the first to catch wind of the meticulously orchestrated conspiracy.
Here’s how it started:
Here’s how it ended:
They got Pence’s attention. It appears he took it in stride. In the end, the Giants didn’t make any moves at the deadline after getting nothing but “embarrassing offers.“
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kings' 10 best free agency options to fill small forward vacancy
- NBA free agency 2019 predictions: Landing spots for marquee names
- Warriors announce 2019 NBA Summer League roster, broadcast schedule
- California Seeks to Bring High-Tech to State Government
- Women's World Cup rankings: How USWNT stands among quarterfinalists
- Why Rockets' reported Jimmy Butler pursuit might be good for Warriors
- WATCH: Giants vs. Rockies
- How Liam Hendriks turned into A's bullpen star one year after being DFA'd
- Jordan Poole highlights: How Warriors' 2019 first-round draft pick can help
- Film Room: What first-round draft pick Jordan Poole adds to Warriors
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|