Jul 31, 2013, 2:46 PM PDT
Twitter can be a dirty place during the MLB non-waiver trade deadline. Just ask Hunter Pence.
As trade winds swirled around the Giants’ right fielder, some
idiotic clever fans decided to make Pence squirm. The plot: Create a fake movement by simultaneously tweeting messages congratulating Pence for being traded to the Red Sox.
Jameson Fleming from Eye on Baseball was the first to catch wind of the meticulously orchestrated conspiracy.
Here’s how it started:
Here’s how it ended:
They got Pence’s attention. It appears he took it in stride. In the end, the Giants didn’t make any moves at the deadline after getting nothing but “embarrassing offers.“
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- State Bill Seeks Millions for Embarcadero Sea Wall Upgrades
- Grenades at SJ Home Prompt Evacuations, Bomb Squad Response
- State Bill Seeks Denser, Higher Home Building in Bay Area
- A's agree to deal with familiar veteran pitcher
- Draymond Green knocked out of game vs Spurs with pelvic contusion
- Celebration of Life to Honor Women Killed at Veterans Home
- Condoleezza Rice to Kickoff Speaker Series at SJSU
- WATCH: Pistons vs Kings
- SF Fire Response Sparks Criticism From City Supervisor
- WATCH: Warriors vs Spurs
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|