Jul 31, 2013, 2:46 PM PDT
Twitter can be a dirty place during the MLB non-waiver trade deadline. Just ask Hunter Pence.
As trade winds swirled around the Giants’ right fielder, some
idiotic clever fans decided to make Pence squirm. The plot: Create a fake movement by simultaneously tweeting messages congratulating Pence for being traded to the Red Sox.
Jameson Fleming from Eye on Baseball was the first to catch wind of the meticulously orchestrated conspiracy.
Here’s how it started:
Here’s how it ended:
They got Pence’s attention. It appears he took it in stride. In the end, the Giants didn’t make any moves at the deadline after getting nothing but “embarrassing offers.“
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Game 6 victory over Thunder a top-3 moment in Warriors history
- Sharks' Tierney playing well, with off-ice assist to Zubrus
- WATCH: Curry in MVP form hits step-back three prior to Game 6
- Posey powers Giants past Rockies with two three-run homers
- Lincecum throws five innings at extended spring training
- Pelicans guard Dejean-Jones fatally shot in Dallas
- Giants place Cain on DL; recall RHP Stratton from Triple-A
- Breaking down Sharks-Penguins Stanley Cup Final matchup
- Giants lineup: Belt, Pence return vs Rockies' Butler
- A's lineup: Vogt out, Phegley catches Hahn vs Tigers
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|