Jul 31, 2013, 2:46 PM PST
Twitter can be a dirty place during the MLB non-waiver trade deadline. Just ask Hunter Pence.
As trade winds swirled around the Giants’ right fielder, some
idiotic clever fans decided to make Pence squirm. The plot: Create a fake movement by simultaneously tweeting messages congratulating Pence for being traded to the Red Sox.
Jameson Fleming from Eye on Baseball was the first to catch wind of the meticulously orchestrated conspiracy.
Here’s how it started:
Here’s how it ended:
They got Pence’s attention. It appears he took it in stride. In the end, the Giants didn’t make any moves at the deadline after getting nothing but “embarrassing offers.“
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jordan Bell injures left ankle attempting to block dunk by Bulls' Lopez
- Jordan Bell leaves after suffering left ankle injury on first play vs Bulls
- Apple to Build Second Campus, Hire 20,000 Workers
- Fremont PD Detective Injured at Scene of Stolen Vehicle
- Two Rockets suspended for Clippers fracas, will miss Warriors game
- WATCH: Warriors vs Bulls
- Cubs catcher says he’ll be better than Posey, Molina
- Judge Rules For Mcclatchy Officials Accused of Mismanagement
- Raiders DC Paul Guenther talks Khalil Mack, Gareon Conley and more
- Crash Involving Stolen Vehicle in Antioch
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|