Aug 1, 2013, 9:41 AM PDT
If you are a baseball fan, you shouldn’t be rooting for Alex Rodriguez to get a lifetime ban. That would benefit the Yankees far too much. The Evil Empire is on the hook to pay the controversial former star $86 million dollars over the final four seasons of his contract. That’s enough money for the Yankees to once again ruin the competitive balance of baseball.
They knew what kind of guy Rodriguez was when they signed him to a ridiculous 10-year, $275 million contract through 2017. They should have to eat every penny. One MLB manager is particularly peeved that the Yankees may benefit greatly from A-Rod’s indiscretions.
Speaking of A-Rod and eating, he took a break from negotiating a potential ban and stopped by Hooters
to ogle waitresses eat some wings. Rodriguez is one of eight players reportedly waiting for MLB to drop the hammer. Surely, baseball isn’t too thrilled with the fact that the Biogenesis suspensions could have a greater impact on the 2013 season than the non-waiver trade deadline.
Big league players suspended or reportedly facing suspension: Ryan Braun (MIL), Alex Rodriguez (NYY), Nelson Cruz (TEX), Jhonny Peralta (DET) Evereth Cabrera (SD), Francisco Cervelli (NYY). Four of those players are on contending teams.
Players that have previously served performance-enhancing drug suspensions like Bartolo Colon, Melky Cabrera and Yasmani Grandal appear to be in the clear.
Colon stopped a reporter in his tracks when he was asked about the pending suspensions on Wednesday. A’s Insider Paul Gutierrez documented the moment.
With reports surfacing that he will not face suspension for his name being linked to the Biogenesis investigation, Colon did not want to celebrate. In fact, he did not want to talk about it at all, interrupting a question in English before the translator could repeat it to Colon in Spanish.
The trade deadline came and went with a thud. The Giants should be happy about that. They have been granted a second chance. They are in an unbelievably deep hole, but they responded to staying together by clobbering the Phillies 9-2 on Wednesday night.
Field of Links
— OK. NOW Brian Wilson is really back. *rolls eyes*
— Hisashi Iwakuma’s unbelievable glove flip to get a 1-2-3 inning-ending double play.
— Joey Chestnut IS human after all.
— I have had it with these Puig-biting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Throwback Thursday: The 2002 All-Star Game tie debacle
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|