Aug 1, 2013, 9:41 AM PST
If you are a baseball fan, you shouldn’t be rooting for Alex Rodriguez to get a lifetime ban. That would benefit the Yankees far too much. The Evil Empire is on the hook to pay the controversial former star $86 million dollars over the final four seasons of his contract. That’s enough money for the Yankees to once again ruin the competitive balance of baseball.
They knew what kind of guy Rodriguez was when they signed him to a ridiculous 10-year, $275 million contract through 2017. They should have to eat every penny. One MLB manager is particularly peeved that the Yankees may benefit greatly from A-Rod’s indiscretions.
Speaking of A-Rod and eating, he took a break from negotiating a potential ban and stopped by Hooters
to ogle waitresses eat some wings. Rodriguez is one of eight players reportedly waiting for MLB to drop the hammer. Surely, baseball isn’t too thrilled with the fact that the Biogenesis suspensions could have a greater impact on the 2013 season than the non-waiver trade deadline.
Big league players suspended or reportedly facing suspension: Ryan Braun (MIL), Alex Rodriguez (NYY), Nelson Cruz (TEX), Jhonny Peralta (DET) Evereth Cabrera (SD), Francisco Cervelli (NYY). Four of those players are on contending teams.
Players that have previously served performance-enhancing drug suspensions like Bartolo Colon, Melky Cabrera and Yasmani Grandal appear to be in the clear.
Colon stopped a reporter in his tracks when he was asked about the pending suspensions on Wednesday. A’s Insider Paul Gutierrez documented the moment.
With reports surfacing that he will not face suspension for his name being linked to the Biogenesis investigation, Colon did not want to celebrate. In fact, he did not want to talk about it at all, interrupting a question in English before the translator could repeat it to Colon in Spanish.
The trade deadline came and went with a thud. The Giants should be happy about that. They have been granted a second chance. They are in an unbelievably deep hole, but they responded to staying together by clobbering the Phillies 9-2 on Wednesday night.
Field of Links
— OK. NOW Brian Wilson is really back. *rolls eyes*
— Hisashi Iwakuma’s unbelievable glove flip to get a 1-2-3 inning-ending double play.
— Joey Chestnut IS human after all.
— I have had it with these Puig-biting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Despite loss, Sharks 'in a good spot' headed into bye week
- Trading Cousins is the ultimate Kingstastic move
- REPORT: Kings trade Cousins to New Orleans Pelicans
- Instant Replay: Bruins score in overtime, send Sharks to the break with a loss
- Warriors All-Stars combine for 56 points, West wins
- Ben Lomond Man's Body Plucked from San Lorenzo River
- Source: Kings, Pelicans have discussed possible Cousins trade
- 1-on-1 with Baron Davis: 'We Believe' Warriors vs 2016-17 Warriors
- Rookie Bryan (T-5) covets Masters invitation
- Mudslide in Orinda Threatens Stability of Transmission Tower
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|