Aug 2, 2013, 10:26 AM PDT
Famine, pestilence, earthquakes, Joe Buck and Tim McCarver calling a regular season baseball game in Oakland — these are all signs that the apocalypse could be coming.
On Saturday, Fox’s top broadcasting duo will be making their first-ever stop at the Oakland Coliseum for a regular season baseball game. The A’s will be hosting the Texas Rangers on national television. Just how little respect for the A’s does Fox have? The duo has been broadcasting together for 17 years.
It’s not like the A’s have been completely irrelevant over that span of time. They won 100 games twice, 90 games on five occasions, won 20 games in-a-row in 2002, went to the playoffs in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2012, had two American League MVPs (Jason Giambi – 2000, Miguel Tejada – 2002) and an A.L. Cy Young-winner (Barry Zito – 2002). So what do A’s fans get for being blessed with Fox’s top tandem? Hopefully proper pronunciation of Yoenis Cespedes and no false injury diagnoses for Grant Balfour.
Respect goes a long way — just ask the Giants. Their front office was embarrassed by the offers they received before the non-waiver trade deadline and stood pat. Now they have the opportunity to put their big boy pants on and prove they can win together. The Giants ownership group ponied up the money to keep the entire World Series Championship roster together. There’s no more excuses, nothing hanging over their heads. They either get it done or they don’t.
*gets off soapbox* Oh, hey, look… Links!
Field of Links:
— Somehow, Melky Cabrera actually threw this ball the opposite direction than he intended.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- A's notes: Chapman extends two streaks, Lowrie returning to form
- More New High-Rises May Be Coming to SF's SOMA
- Giants Rally For 4 Runs in Ninth to Beat Dodgers
- Here's what fans missed in the A's come-from-way-ahead-to-damned-near-behind win over M's
- Manaea pitches into the eighth, Lowrie drives in four as A's hold off Mariners
- Giants erupt in ninth, stun Dodgers in series opener
- Bodycam Video: Police Rush to Aid SPCA as Fire Approaches
- Cat Lost in North Bay Fires Reunited With Owner
- Firefighter Dies in Mendocino Complex Fire: Officials
- Crawford, Hernandez involved in nasty collision in LA
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|