Aug 2, 2013, 6:37 PM PDT
Now that Major League Baseball’s non-waiver trade deadline has come and gone, the sports handicappers have updated their odds.
According to Bovada.lv, the teams to beat are the Detroit Tigers and the Atlanta Braves.
Odds to win the 2013 World Series
Detroit Tigers 6/1
Atlanta Braves 7/1
Los Angeles Dodgers 7/1
St. Louis Cardinals 15/2
Boston Red Sox 8/1
Tampa Bay Rays 17/2
Oakland Athletics 9/1
Pittsburgh Pirates 12/1
Cincinnati Reds 14/1
Texas Rangers 14/1
The San Francisco Giants are sandwiched between the Nationals and Royals at 50/1. The A’s are currently favored to win the AL West, while Las Vegas has the Dodgers winning the NL West. Repeating as World Series Champions is a tough task. The last team to win back-to-back titles was the New York Yankees (1998-2000).
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Oakland Considers Near $1M Payment For Teen in Sex Scandal
- Ex-Soccer Coach Arrested on Suspicion of Molesting Girl, 11
- Watch: Baby Zebra Runs Around in Hearst Castle
- Warriors, Cavs to square off in ultimate NBA Finals trilogy
- Wildlife Workers Save Pelican With CPR-Like Procedure
- More Legal Maneuvering in Mavericks Surf Saga
- Ex-UCSF Doctor Pleads Not Guilty in Bogus Prescriptions Case
- 4-Alarm Fire Prompts Evacuations in Downtown Stockton
- The Happy Hour: 'Very good idea' to legalize extended sports gambling
- Family Seeks Closure, Answers in Case of Missing Teen
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|