Aug 2, 2013, 6:37 PM PST
Now that Major League Baseball’s non-waiver trade deadline has come and gone, the sports handicappers have updated their odds.
According to Bovada.lv, the teams to beat are the Detroit Tigers and the Atlanta Braves.
Odds to win the 2013 World Series
Detroit Tigers 6/1
Atlanta Braves 7/1
Los Angeles Dodgers 7/1
St. Louis Cardinals 15/2
Boston Red Sox 8/1
Tampa Bay Rays 17/2
Oakland Athletics 9/1
Pittsburgh Pirates 12/1
Cincinnati Reds 14/1
Texas Rangers 14/1
The San Francisco Giants are sandwiched between the Nationals and Royals at 50/1. The A’s are currently favored to win the AL West, while Las Vegas has the Dodgers winning the NL West. Repeating as World Series Champions is a tough task. The last team to win back-to-back titles was the New York Yankees (1998-2000).
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- David West believes Kevin Durant will play for Warriors next season
- Power Restored for Thousands in East San Jose: PG&E
- The Joe Show Is Still Getting Great Reviews
- The Raiders Insider Podcast: Michael Lombardi
- Ask Kerith: How DeMarcus Cousins will assimilate to Warriors' offense
- Untended Cooking Causes Fire at Concord Apartment
- Wal-Mart Theft Suspects Crash Vehicle After Police Pursuit
- NCAA champ Thornberry turning pro: 'In my heart, I know I'm ready'
- MLB rumors: A's haven't called free agent Troy Tulowitzki
- Timo Meier's big night helps Sharks beat Stars, win third straight game
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|