Aug 2, 2013, 6:37 PM PDT
Now that Major League Baseball’s non-waiver trade deadline has come and gone, the sports handicappers have updated their odds.
According to Bovada.lv, the teams to beat are the Detroit Tigers and the Atlanta Braves.
Odds to win the 2013 World Series
Detroit Tigers 6/1
Atlanta Braves 7/1
Los Angeles Dodgers 7/1
St. Louis Cardinals 15/2
Boston Red Sox 8/1
Tampa Bay Rays 17/2
Oakland Athletics 9/1
Pittsburgh Pirates 12/1
Cincinnati Reds 14/1
Texas Rangers 14/1
The San Francisco Giants are sandwiched between the Nationals and Royals at 50/1. The A’s are currently favored to win the AL West, while Las Vegas has the Dodgers winning the NL West. Repeating as World Series Champions is a tough task. The last team to win back-to-back titles was the New York Yankees (1998-2000).
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Child Burned After Hot Coffee Spill at Brentwood Starbucks
- Oakland stadium authority director doesn't want Raiders in 2019
- Three People Shot in San Francisco's Oceanview Neighborhood
- Raiders HC Jack Del Rio believes he could help Aldon Smith
- 5.7M Earthquake Strikes in Gulf of California
- Five Bay Area Restaurants Among World's Best
- McKenzie: Serious talks on Carr extension coming after NFL Draft
- San Mateo County Healthiest in California: Report
- Pete Carroll: Marshawn Lynch 'somewhat entertaining' a return to NFL
- Wildlife 'Babies' Take Over Peninsula Recovery Center
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|