Aug 5, 2013, 10:59 AM PST
Madison Bumgarner and his wife, Ali, are set to join the scooter-riding ranks of the San Francisco Giants.
Team chef Joe Day has finished Bumgarner’s new two-wheel rides and posted photos on his Twitter account. Day makes the scooters for Giants players as a hobby. He has already made scooters for Tim Lincecum, Sergio Romo, Hunter Pence, Brandon Belt and Brian Wilson.
Here’s a look at “Mad Bum’s” new scooter.
Madison’s ride has a specialized camouflage finish. Ali’s ride is a lot more colorful.
Day told Field of Teams how the Giants’ scooter trend started, and how he makes the high-quality rides in a video feature last month.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warriors facing Raptors with Lowry struggling: 'I'm trash'
- Earl Lloyd, first black player in NBA, dies at 86
- Rewind: Fragile Sharks fade after first in loss to Red Wings
- Provoked LeBron James trumps Pavel Datsyuk
- Stanford explodes in second half, takes down Oregon State
- Saint Mary's cruises at San Francisco
- Instant Replay: Sharks fall to Wings, extend home losing streak
- Pacific uses free throws to top Santa Clara
- Earthquakes sign Portuguese defender Paulo Renato
- Falcons release RB Steven Jackson after two seasons
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|