Aug 5, 2013, 10:59 AM PDT
Madison Bumgarner and his wife, Ali, are set to join the scooter-riding ranks of the San Francisco Giants.
Team chef Joe Day has finished Bumgarner’s new two-wheel rides and posted photos on his Twitter account. Day makes the scooters for Giants players as a hobby. He has already made scooters for Tim Lincecum, Sergio Romo, Hunter Pence, Brandon Belt and Brian Wilson.
Here’s a look at “Mad Bum’s” new scooter.
Madison’s ride has a specialized camouflage finish. Ali’s ride is a lot more colorful.
Day told Field of Teams how the Giants’ scooter trend started, and how he makes the high-quality rides in a video feature last month.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks' Micheal Haley and Ducks' Clayton Stoner drop the gloves
- Livingston: After final year of contract, 'we all want to get paid'
- GALLERY: Warriors open 2016-17 season vs Spurs
- LIVE: Spurs vs Warriors
- LeBron's triple-double leads Cavs to win over Knicks
- Poole predicts Warriors win total for 2016-17 season
- Excitement for Kevin Durant's debut unlike any other for Warriors
- LIVE: Ducks vs Sharks
- Kings' Cousins has 'one goal' entering new season
- Cal’s Sonny Dykes: Quick turnaround ‘not ideal’ for Bears
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|