Aug 5, 2013, 10:59 AM PST
Madison Bumgarner and his wife, Ali, are set to join the scooter-riding ranks of the San Francisco Giants.
Team chef Joe Day has finished Bumgarner’s new two-wheel rides and posted photos on his Twitter account. Day makes the scooters for Giants players as a hobby. He has already made scooters for Tim Lincecum, Sergio Romo, Hunter Pence, Brandon Belt and Brian Wilson.
Here’s a look at “Mad Bum’s” new scooter.
Madison’s ride has a specialized camouflage finish. Ali’s ride is a lot more colorful.
Day told Field of Teams how the Giants’ scooter trend started, and how he makes the high-quality rides in a video feature last month.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bills activate RB Spiller, will play vs. Raiders
- Report: A's 1B/OF Peterson claimed by Cubs
- Krukow: 'Without Peavy, Giants don't get to October'
- Sharks' Mueller to play in World Juniors
- Report: Mavericks ahead of Warriors in pursuit of O'Neal
- Report: Padres acquire 3B Middlebrooks from Red Sox
- Evans updates Giants offseason: Kang 'heavily scouted'
- Green keeps Curry from double-double: 'Whoooooppppsssss'
- Lost season? Key 49ers spent considerable time on sideline
- Report: Padres acquire Justin Upton from Braves
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|