Aug 6, 2013, 5:34 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics were “fartin’ around” with one of the internet’s most
respected ridiculous baseball coaches on Tuesday. Coach Kent Murphy brought his baseball wisdom to the A’s dugout to teach the team the importance of the game’s fundamentals — cheese dogs and dingers.
The division-leading A’s have lost four of their last five games and have been shutout four times over the past 20 games. They need all the help they can get. With that in mind, they welcomed in the comedic coach with open arms.
Coach Murphy arrived and met with his star pupil, Josh Reddick. Surely, the coaching legend had some quality advice for the A’s right fielder. The A’s offense has been struggling lately and as Coach Murphy often professes, more dingers could be the answer.
The coach didn’t seem all that impressed with the A’s new-age pregame training techniques.
The A’s batting practice session was, however, met with Coach Murphy’s approval.
After imparting his wisdom on the A’s, Coach Murphy made his way up to the stands. For some strange reason he wasn’t offered a seat between manager Bob Melvin and bench coach Chip Hale for the game.
Murphy is a character created by comedian Nick Hall. He has a series of (typically NSFW) baseball instructional videos on YouTube that preach the perils of bunting and stretching, and the importance of dingers and cheese dogs.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Damian Jones is 'going to learn a lot' vs. next two Warriors opponents
- Man Arrested After Trespassing in 11-Year-Old Girl's Bed: PD
- San Jose Man Arrested in Violent Sexual Assault of Girl, 17
- Marvin Bagley 'trying to stay patient' after limited minutes in Kings debut
- Fire Threatens Natural Gas Pipeline, Prompts Evacuations
- Safeway Employee in SF Fetches $1.9 Million of Mega Millions
- Salesforce Transit Center Contractor Seeks $150M in Lawsuit
- Bay Area Roads Are Some of Worst in the Country: Report
- Chris Webber bestows high praise on Kings rookie Harry Giles
- Kings takeaways: Three things we learned from season-opening loss to Jazz
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|