Aug 6, 2013, 5:34 PM PST
The Oakland Athletics were “fartin’ around” with one of the internet’s most
respected ridiculous baseball coaches on Tuesday. Coach Kent Murphy brought his baseball wisdom to the A’s dugout to teach the team the importance of the game’s fundamentals — cheese dogs and dingers.
The division-leading A’s have lost four of their last five games and have been shutout four times over the past 20 games. They need all the help they can get. With that in mind, they welcomed in the comedic coach with open arms.
Coach Murphy arrived and met with his star pupil, Josh Reddick. Surely, the coaching legend had some quality advice for the A’s right fielder. The A’s offense has been struggling lately and as Coach Murphy often professes, more dingers could be the answer.
The coach didn’t seem all that impressed with the A’s new-age pregame training techniques.
The A’s batting practice session was, however, met with Coach Murphy’s approval.
After imparting his wisdom on the A’s, Coach Murphy made his way up to the stands. For some strange reason he wasn’t offered a seat between manager Bob Melvin and bench coach Chip Hale for the game.
Murphy is a character created by comedian Nick Hall. He has a series of (typically NSFW) baseball instructional videos on YouTube that preach the perils of bunting and stretching, and the importance of dingers and cheese dogs.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- 49ers-Seahawks injury report: Jaquiski Tartt out for second straight game
- Warriors-Kings battle for NorCal now comes with very real consequences
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- 49ers vs. Seahawks live stream: How to watch NFL Week 15 game online
- How Sharks' defense is making progress, helping produce string of wins
- Raiders must use 2019 NFL draft, free agency to overhaul wide receiver corps
- Stephen Curry lauds De'Aaron Fox's progress, shares what greatness takes
- Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely by NFL
- Jon Gruden trolls Stephen A. Smith, says Raiders need Tim Brown vs. Bengals
- Sources: Giants interested in Kevin Pillar trade with Blue Jays
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|