Aug 6, 2013, 5:34 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics were “fartin’ around” with one of the internet’s most
respected ridiculous baseball coaches on Tuesday. Coach Kent Murphy brought his baseball wisdom to the A’s dugout to teach the team the importance of the game’s fundamentals — cheese dogs and dingers.
The division-leading A’s have lost four of their last five games and have been shutout four times over the past 20 games. They need all the help they can get. With that in mind, they welcomed in the comedic coach with open arms.
Coach Murphy arrived and met with his star pupil, Josh Reddick. Surely, the coaching legend had some quality advice for the A’s right fielder. The A’s offense has been struggling lately and as Coach Murphy often professes, more dingers could be the answer.
The coach didn’t seem all that impressed with the A’s new-age pregame training techniques.
The A’s batting practice session was, however, met with Coach Murphy’s approval.
After imparting his wisdom on the A’s, Coach Murphy made his way up to the stands. For some strange reason he wasn’t offered a seat between manager Bob Melvin and bench coach Chip Hale for the game.
Murphy is a character created by comedian Nick Hall. He has a series of (typically NSFW) baseball instructional videos on YouTube that preach the perils of bunting and stretching, and the importance of dingers and cheese dogs.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- A's notes: Chapman extends two streaks, Lowrie returning to form
- More New High-Rises May Be Coming to SF's SOMA
- Giants Rally For 4 Runs in Ninth to Beat Dodgers
- Here's what fans missed in the A's come-from-way-ahead-to-damned-near-behind win over M's
- Manaea pitches into the eighth, Lowrie drives in four as A's hold off Mariners
- Giants erupt in ninth, stun Dodgers in series opener
- Bodycam Video: Police Rush to Aid SPCA as Fire Approaches
- Cat Lost in North Bay Fires Reunited With Owner
- Firefighter Dies in Mendocino Complex Fire: Officials
- Crawford, Hernandez involved in nasty collision in LA
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|