Aug 7, 2013, 10:25 AM PDT
Both of the Bay Area’s baseball teams are leaking oil. The A’s have lost five of the past six games and the Giants have lost 11 of their last 16. The Oakland Coliseum is already in full-on duel purpose mode with the Oakland Raiders playing their first preseason game on Friday, and the 49ers will be playing at Candlestick Park on Thursday.
Football season has officially arrived. From here on out, the Bay Area’s baseball teams will need to do something to hold the attention of the fans and they are currently struggling in that regard. The A’s are clinging to first place in the American League West, their situation is far less perilous than that of the Giants. It’s likely a matter of time before the powers that be at Third and King St. have to do some serious sorcery to maintain their cherished 221-game sellout streak. The Giants hitters aren’t helping keep fans in the seats. They haven’t even hit a home run at AT&T Park in the last 10 games.
The A’s, meanwhile, just might have dodged a major bullet when Nelson Cruz of the Rangers was popped for PED use and Bartolo Colon wasn’t. A trip to the postseason will cure what ails them and the Raiders might not hold much interest if they get off to a bad start.
On a happier note: Here’s some stuff to click on.
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Columbus Statue in SF's Little Italy Defaced by Vandals
- Tomas Hertl nets Sharks' first short-handed goal of 2019 season
- Fired-up Robert Saleh admits he blacked out during 49ers celebrations
- Stanford Student Drugged at Campus Party: University Police
- California Governor Ends Legislative Session With Vetoes
- Patrick Marleau tears up after warm welcome from Sharks fans in return home
- Why it's time to recognize undefeated 49ers as an elite NFL contender
- Watch Sharks' Patrick Marleau receive huge ovation in first home game
- Two Small Earthquakes Strike Southeast of San Jose
- Jimmy Garoppolo says key to 49ers' 5-0 start is complementary football
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|