Aug 7, 2013, 2:13 PM PST
Somewhere out there 10,000 virtual Jim Harbaughs are hoisting little digital Lombardi Trophies — tan khakis, black sweatshirts, red sharpies and all.
Recently, PredictionMachine.com’s “predictalator” (yes it’s actually called that, but keep reading) simulated the 2013 NFL season 50,000 times and the 49ers led the way, winning the Super Bowl 20.1 percent of the time.
The predictalator uses state-of-the-art technology that takes into account every team’s roster strength and matchups. The machine is powered by Paul Bessire, a statistician and veteran sports writer.
Here’s some of the raw data.
NFL POSTSEASON RESULTS (again, according to the predictalator):
Wild Card Round
#6 Pittsburgh 20 @ #3 Houston 23
#5 Baltimore 23 @ #4 Cincinnati 24
#3 Houston 27 @ #2 New England 31
#4 Cincinnati 21 @ #1 Denver 26
#2 New England 28 @ #1 Denver 30
Wild Card Round
#6 St. Louis 21 @ #3 New York Giants 23
#5 Seattle 27 @ #4 Atlanta 26
#5 Seattle 23 @ #1 San Francisco 28
#3 New York Giants 24 @ #2 Green Bay 31
#2 Green Bay 27 @ #1 San Francisco 32
San Francisco 31 over Denver 27
NFC WEST RESULTS:
1. 49ers (11-5)
2. Seahawks (10-6)
3. Rams (9-7)
4. Cardinals (6-10)
AFC WEST RESULTS:
1. Broncos (11-5)
2. Chargers (8-8)
3. Chiefs (8-8)
4. Raiders (5-11)
The predictive software doesn’t like the Oakland Raiders’ chances this season. While this data is fun to look at, it’s probably not worth taking to the bank.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks trade reigning AHL goalie of the year for late pick
- Bumgarner ready if Giants want to take advantage of early schedule
- ICE Officials Reportedly Spotted in Napa: Witnesses
- Hwy. 1 Reopens Near San Gregorio State Beach
- California Democratic Party Isn't Backing Dianne Feinstein
- Martin Jones' biggest strength lately? Stopping the Wild's
- Menlo Park PD Searching for Man Who Reportedly Fired Rifle
- Watch: Thomas nearly makes ace ... off rock wall
- Watch: Tiger's drive startles strolling duck
- Watch: Tiger's Sunday birdies at the Honda
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|