Aug 7, 2013, 2:13 PM PDT
Somewhere out there 10,000 virtual Jim Harbaughs are hoisting little digital Lombardi Trophies — tan khakis, black sweatshirts, red sharpies and all.
Recently, PredictionMachine.com’s “predictalator” (yes it’s actually called that, but keep reading) simulated the 2013 NFL season 50,000 times and the 49ers led the way, winning the Super Bowl 20.1 percent of the time.
The predictalator uses state-of-the-art technology that takes into account every team’s roster strength and matchups. The machine is powered by Paul Bessire, a statistician and veteran sports writer.
Here’s some of the raw data.
NFL POSTSEASON RESULTS (again, according to the predictalator):
Wild Card Round
#6 Pittsburgh 20 @ #3 Houston 23
#5 Baltimore 23 @ #4 Cincinnati 24
#3 Houston 27 @ #2 New England 31
#4 Cincinnati 21 @ #1 Denver 26
#2 New England 28 @ #1 Denver 30
Wild Card Round
#6 St. Louis 21 @ #3 New York Giants 23
#5 Seattle 27 @ #4 Atlanta 26
#5 Seattle 23 @ #1 San Francisco 28
#3 New York Giants 24 @ #2 Green Bay 31
#2 Green Bay 27 @ #1 San Francisco 32
San Francisco 31 over Denver 27
NFC WEST RESULTS:
1. 49ers (11-5)
2. Seahawks (10-6)
3. Rams (9-7)
4. Cardinals (6-10)
AFC WEST RESULTS:
1. Broncos (11-5)
2. Chargers (8-8)
3. Chiefs (8-8)
4. Raiders (5-11)
The predictive software doesn’t like the Oakland Raiders’ chances this season. While this data is fun to look at, it’s probably not worth taking to the bank.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Odds are relatively strong that Belt actually doesn’t have the longest at-bat ever
- Film room: Kevin Durant still looking to bust out of mini 3-point slump
- Four important questions about 49ers' first-round pick
- School Bus Strikes Power Pole in Santa Cruz County: CHP
- Niners Could Trade Down and Still Pick Up Fine Cornerback
- Raiders' Gruden Eager to Teach This Week
- Trade Tariffs Costing Local Wine Industry
- Levy boosts chances of playing in home Ryder Cup
- Langer skipping Senior PGA for son's HS graduation
- Landry reaches OWGR career high after Valero win
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|