Aug 9, 2013, 7:31 PM PDT
Rugby and baseball are on two very separate ends of the sports spectrum. It was interesting to see what transpired when cultures collided at AT&T Park, as members of New Zealand’s World Champion All Blacks rugby team met with the World Series Champion Giants.
The rugby players booted the ball from home plate and displayed some passing techniques. The baseball players showed off their pitch grips and hitting skills.
One of the most interesting aspects of this video put together by SFG Productions, is seeing Ryan Vogelsong explain his four-seam fastball grip.
Pablo Sandoval attempting to punt is a close second.
The Kiwis were remarkably proficient with the bats. Conrad Smith, Aaron Smith, Cory Jane and Victor Vito were the All Blacks members on hand. Rugby is New Zealand’s national sport and the first time the All Blacks (the New Zealand national rugby union team) competed was in 1884. The Giants franchise was established in New York in 1883.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kane leads Sharks to critical win on four-goal night
- Shot of the Game: Kane buries a rebound for first hat trick
- Shorthanded Warriors falter down the stretch in close loss to Kings
- Kings hang around and shock the Warriors
- Casspi rolls ankle, leaves game vs Kings
- New Car's Features Are Missing; Dealer Silent
- Kevin Durant's rib injury in his own words
- SF Public Works Rejects Tree Removal at Transamerica Pyramid
- Controversy Surrounds Retired Lieutenant's Bid for Sheriff
- Raiders to sign former 49ers defensive lineman
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|