Aug 9, 2013, 7:31 PM PST
Rugby and baseball are on two very separate ends of the sports spectrum. It was interesting to see what transpired when cultures collided at AT&T Park, as members of New Zealand’s World Champion All Blacks rugby team met with the World Series Champion Giants.
The rugby players booted the ball from home plate and displayed some passing techniques. The baseball players showed off their pitch grips and hitting skills.
One of the most interesting aspects of this video put together by SFG Productions, is seeing Ryan Vogelsong explain his four-seam fastball grip.
Pablo Sandoval attempting to punt is a close second.
The Kiwis were remarkably proficient with the bats. Conrad Smith, Aaron Smith, Cory Jane and Victor Vito were the All Blacks members on hand. Rugby is New Zealand’s national sport and the first time the All Blacks (the New Zealand national rugby union team) competed was in 1884. The Giants franchise was established in New York in 1883.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Warriors-Kings battle for NorCal now comes with very real consequences
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- How Sharks' defense is making progress, helping produce string of wins
- Raiders must use 2019 NFL draft, free agency to overhaul WR corps
- Stephen Curry lauds De'Aaron Fox's progress, shares what greatness takes
- Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely by NFL
- Jon Gruden trolls Stephen A. Smith, says Raiders need Tim Brown vs. Bengals
- Sources: Giants interested in Kevin Pillar trade with Blue Jays
- Raiders-Bengals injury report: Kelechi Osemele out, Gabe Jackson questionable
- California Moves to Eliminate Fossil Fuels From Its Bus Fleet
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|