Aug 12, 2013, 10:01 AM PST
Throwing a strike isn’t an act exclusive to the pitchers on the mound when inside AT&T Park in San Francisco. Select fans can also attempt to obtain strikes in an ultra-exclusive two-lane bowling alley on the suite level.
The bowling alley soft launched on Friday and it is part of what the team is calling “The Gotham Club.” In addition to the bowling alley, there’s a bar, pool tables, and game room. If you’re roaming the ballpark, don’t bother trying to find it. It’s behind an obscurely marked door and well guarded.
The only way to get inside is if you are a season ticket holder and a member of a premium club. Anyone that has ever played for the Giants is also automatically a member of the club.
The Gotham Club and its new bowling alley is just one of three exclusive “Gotham” areas that will be hidden inside the ballpark by next season. Next season the Giants will be building a the “Gotham Clubhouse” somewhere in centerfield. They already have the “Gotham Bullpen” in right field.
The clubs were given their Gotham theme to honor the franchises roots as the New York Gothams back in the 1800s. All three of these areas are supposed to duplicate spots that existed inside the Polo Grounds in New York.
Members of the Gotham Club are given access to the swanky off limits areas inside the ballpark and invitations to special team events. Field of Teams requested access to the Gotham Club, but was denied permission to go inside and shoot video of the club.
Several members that were lucky enough to get inside took pictures and posted them on Instagram. Here’s a slideshow of those images.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- 49ers-Seahawks injury report: Jaquiski Tartt out for second straight game
- Warriors-Kings battle for NorCal now comes with very real consequences
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- 49ers vs. Seahawks live stream: How to watch NFL Week 15 game online
- How Sharks' defense is making progress, helping produce string of wins
- Raiders must use 2019 NFL draft, free agency to overhaul WR corps
- Stephen Curry lauds De'Aaron Fox's progress, shares what greatness takes
- Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely by NFL
- Jon Gruden trolls Stephen A. Smith, says Raiders need Tim Brown vs. Bengals
- Sources: Giants interested in Kevin Pillar trade with Blue Jays
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|