Aug 13, 2013, 11:24 AM PST
Former Oakland Athletics second baseman Mark Ellis apparently wasn’t a big fan of playing at the Oakland Coliseum. Now a member of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Ellis spent nine seasons with the A’s, and he believes something needs to be done about the A’s home.
Ellis was a guest on Jay Mohr’s radio show on Monday and he was asked if he thought the Oakland Coliseum was a dump.
“Every day when you walk down the stairs going to the clubhouse,” Ellis responded with a laugh. “It’s bad. It’s bad. Major League Baseball needs to step in and do something for those guys up there.”
Ellis explained that when the A’s are winning ballgames, the problems with the Oakland Coliseum aren’t really thought about much by the players. But when the team is losing, it’s easy to focus on the antiquated facilities. He also said that he feels bad for the grounds crew that has to transition the field for football.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are 38-8 over their last 46 games, which is the franchise’s best run in the modern era that began in 1900. But when discussing the hottest team he’s ever played for, Ellis gave a nod to the Oakland Athletics.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Despite loss, Sharks 'in a good spot' headed into bye week
- Trading Cousins is the ultimate Kingstastic move
- REPORT: Kings trade Cousins to New Orleans Pelicans
- Instant Replay: Bruins score in overtime, send Sharks to the break with a loss
- Warriors All-Stars combine for 56 points, West wins
- Ben Lomond Man's Body Plucked from San Lorenzo River
- Source: Kings, Pelicans have discussed possible Cousins trade
- 1-on-1 with Baron Davis: 'We Believe' Warriors vs 2016-17 Warriors
- Rookie Bryan (T-5) covets Masters invitation
- Mudslide in Orinda Threatens Stability of Transmission Tower
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|