Aug 13, 2013, 11:24 AM PDT
Former Oakland Athletics second baseman Mark Ellis apparently wasn’t a big fan of playing at the Oakland Coliseum. Now a member of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Ellis spent nine seasons with the A’s, and he believes something needs to be done about the A’s home.
Ellis was a guest on Jay Mohr’s radio show on Monday and he was asked if he thought the Oakland Coliseum was a dump.
“Every day when you walk down the stairs going to the clubhouse,” Ellis responded with a laugh. “It’s bad. It’s bad. Major League Baseball needs to step in and do something for those guys up there.”
Ellis explained that when the A’s are winning ballgames, the problems with the Oakland Coliseum aren’t really thought about much by the players. But when the team is losing, it’s easy to focus on the antiquated facilities. He also said that he feels bad for the grounds crew that has to transition the field for football.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are 38-8 over their last 46 games, which is the franchise’s best run in the modern era that began in 1900. But when discussing the hottest team he’s ever played for, Ellis gave a nod to the Oakland Athletics.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- NL West Watch: Dodgers score 14, magic number at one
- Stanford holds on for wild last-second win over UCLA
- Wild Card Watch: Mets rally falls short in loss to Phillies
- With Del Rio's son out, Gators' win streak over Vols snapped
- Dell gets a chance to secure Sharks' backup job
- 49ers Mailbag: When will offense speed up?
- Ex-starter Wilhoite remains ready if called to play defense
- Sandoval 'well ahead of schedule,' could return for playoffs
- Giants lineup: Belt moves to top, Pagan moved down vs Padres
- Chargers promote former 49ers TE to active roster
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|