Aug 14, 2013, 9:20 AM PST
Who doesn’t like seeing their favorite macho sports hero in funny, yet fashionable, clothes? Colin Kaepernick became the latest Bay Area sports star to get the GQ Magazine treatment and the results were as predicted — magnificent.
Here’s one of eight photos posted in a slideshow on GQ’s website. It’s hardly Buster Posey in short-pants, but it’ll do. Kaepernick is shown rocking Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Michael Kors, Nike Pro Combat, and showing plenty of skin and ink. The 49ers’ franchise quarterback will be donning the cover of the September issue of the magazine.
There’s even a video of Kap wearing some of the outfits while conducting an interview.
Kaepernick, by all accounts, has completely taken over the team as a leader. His teammates say he has improved so dramatically that it’s like “night and day.” It looks like his fashion sense has improved as well. And lets face it, as long as he isn’t wearing a Miami Dolphins hat, the 49ers Faithful will be happy.
At 25, and in his third NFL season, it’s a fair expectation that Kaepernick will continue to improve under center. Last season he threw for 10 touchdowns with only three interceptions, and rushed for 415 yards and five touchdowns. He should be a force for the 49ers, and it looks like he’ll do it in style.
Time for some links.
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Warriors-Kings battle for NorCal now comes with very real consequences
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- How Sharks' defense is making progress, helping produce string of wins
- Raiders must use 2019 NFL draft, free agency to overhaul WR corps
- Stephen Curry lauds De'Aaron Fox's progress, shares what greatness takes
- Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely by NFL
- Jon Gruden trolls Stephen A. Smith, says Raiders need Tim Brown vs. Bengals
- Sources: Giants interested in Kevin Pillar trade with Blue Jays
- Raiders-Bengals injury report: Kelechi Osemele out, Gabe Jackson questionable
- California Moves to Eliminate Fossil Fuels From Its Bus Fleet
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|