Aug 14, 2013, 9:58 AM PST
The NFL is practically printing money right now. With football season around the corner, Forbes.com put out their annual list ranking the most valuable NFL franchises. The exact numbers on lists like this are often disputed, but as far as they can tell, the Dallas Cowboys top the list.
According to Forbes, the average value of an NFL franchise is $1.17 billion, making it the most profitable sports league in America — which isn’t exactly a surprise.
The Oakland Raiders were at the bottom of the list with an estimated value of $825 million. The San Francisco 49ers made the top 10, with a franchise value of $1.22 billion. After an appearance in last season’s Super Bowl, a 20-year, $220 million naming rights deal with Levi’s, and their new stadium opening next season, they will likely jump up the list.
Most Valuable NFL Franchises (According to Forbes):
1. Dallas Cowboys, $2.3 billion
2. New England Patriots, $1.8 billion
3. Washington Redskins, $1.7 billion
Least Valuable NFL Franchises (According to Forbes):
30. Buffalo Bills: $870 million
31. Jacksonville Jaguars: $840 million
32. Oakland Raiders: $825 million
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why did the 49ers fail to get the ball to George Kittle to break the record?
- MLB rumors: News, updates, trade talk Monday from 2018 Winter Meetings
- Giants announce hiring J.P. Ricciardi, Zack Minasian, and Michael Holmes
- Tiny Home Prototype Unveiled in San Jose
- Uber App Goes Down For Drivers, Other Users
- Pirates GM Neal Huntington says he passed on Giants' baseball ops job
- Five potential Reggie McKenzie replacements with Jon Gruden ties
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with G League Santa Cruz Warriors for first time
- Billy Beane's concerns are A's pitching, not Kyler Murray lured to NFL
- WATCH: Warriors Pregame Live
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|