Aug 14, 2013, 9:58 AM PDT
The NFL is practically printing money right now. With football season around the corner, Forbes.com put out their annual list ranking the most valuable NFL franchises. The exact numbers on lists like this are often disputed, but as far as they can tell, the Dallas Cowboys top the list.
According to Forbes, the average value of an NFL franchise is $1.17 billion, making it the most profitable sports league in America — which isn’t exactly a surprise.
The Oakland Raiders were at the bottom of the list with an estimated value of $825 million. The San Francisco 49ers made the top 10, with a franchise value of $1.22 billion. After an appearance in last season’s Super Bowl, a 20-year, $220 million naming rights deal with Levi’s, and their new stadium opening next season, they will likely jump up the list.
Most Valuable NFL Franchises (According to Forbes):
1. Dallas Cowboys, $2.3 billion
2. New England Patriots, $1.8 billion
3. Washington Redskins, $1.7 billion
Least Valuable NFL Franchises (According to Forbes):
30. Buffalo Bills: $870 million
31. Jacksonville Jaguars: $840 million
32. Oakland Raiders: $825 million
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- LA Kings, Kopitar 'not even in the ballpark' on new deal
- Wife of Washington GM apologizes for remarks about reporter
- Would Chancellor sit 2015 out? Ex-Seahawks teammate says yes
- Giants lineup: Crawford remains out vs Dodgers
- Gray tagged for six early runs in A's 9-4 loss to Angels
- Ex-49ers RB Phillips charged with first-degree murder
- Raiders sign LB Lorenzo Alexander
- Torn lat muscle ends A's Evan Scribner's season
- DeBartolo takes major step toward Hall of Fame
- Giants Toe the Rubber: Mike Leake vs Clayton Kershaw
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|