Aug 19, 2013, 12:56 PM PST
She’s a keeper.
On Saturday in Sacramento, a couple got married between the third and fourth innings at a River Cats game. The between-innings wedding is believed to be the first of its kind.
The couple that tied the knot are Alan and Jalena Slape, both long-time River Cats season ticket holders. The ceremony that took place on the on-deck circle during the game lasted just 60 seconds.
Clearly inspired by the lovely nuptials, the A’s triple-A affiliate defeated the Tucson Padres 11-5. Eight of the River Cats 11 runs were scored after the wedding.
(H/T – Mark Ling from the River Cats for sending the scoreboard video)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- David West believes Kevin Durant will play for Warriors next season
- Power Restored for Thousands in East San Jose: PG&E
- The Joe Show Is Still Getting Great Reviews
- The Raiders Insider Podcast: Michael Lombardi
- Ask Kerith: How DeMarcus Cousins will assimilate to Warriors' offense
- Untended Cooking Causes Fire at Concord Apartment
- Wal-Mart Theft Suspects Crash Vehicle After Police Pursuit
- NCAA champ Thornberry turning pro: 'In my heart, I know I'm ready'
- MLB rumors: A's haven't called free agent Troy Tulowitzki
- Timo Meier's big night helps Sharks beat Stars, win third straight game
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|