Aug 19, 2013, 12:56 PM PST
She’s a keeper.
On Saturday in Sacramento, a couple got married between the third and fourth innings at a River Cats game. The between-innings wedding is believed to be the first of its kind.
The couple that tied the knot are Alan and Jalena Slape, both long-time River Cats season ticket holders. The ceremony that took place on the on-deck circle during the game lasted just 60 seconds.
Clearly inspired by the lovely nuptials, the A’s triple-A affiliate defeated the Tucson Padres 11-5. Eight of the River Cats 11 runs were scored after the wedding.
(H/T – Mark Ling from the River Cats for sending the scoreboard video)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Gameday: Two Warriors All-Stars out for Friday's game vs Bulls
- NASL-champion San Francisco Deltas fold after one season
- Offseason can be tense on other side of Giancarlo Stanton rumors
- The Kings Insider Podcast: Kosta Koufos
- Sharks have tall task avoiding holiday hangover in Vegas
- 16-Year-Old Girl Dead Following Crash Near Livermore: CHP
- S*%! Warriors fans say
- Kaepernick Joins Indigenous People's Sunrise Event in SF
- Trump playing 'quickly' with Tiger, DJ
- Japan Mayor to Cut Sister City Ties With SF Over Statue
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|