Aug 19, 2013, 12:56 PM PDT
She’s a keeper.
On Saturday in Sacramento, a couple got married between the third and fourth innings at a River Cats game. The between-innings wedding is believed to be the first of its kind.
The couple that tied the knot are Alan and Jalena Slape, both long-time River Cats season ticket holders. The ceremony that took place on the on-deck circle during the game lasted just 60 seconds.
Clearly inspired by the lovely nuptials, the A’s triple-A affiliate defeated the Tucson Padres 11-5. Eight of the River Cats 11 runs were scored after the wedding.
(H/T – Mark Ling from the River Cats for sending the scoreboard video)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Giants Pregame Live
- Reports: John Tavares will meet with Sharks, four other teams
- WATCH: A's at White Sox
- Sharks Day 2 2018 NHL Draft Tracker
- Watch: You have to see this golf swing to believe it
- Indoor Drone Light Show Kicks off Pride Weekend in SF
- Weekend Warmup Triggers Possible Heat Risks, Fire Danger
- Report: Navy Plans to Build Camp for Migrants in Concord
- Police Investigating Shooting at San Leandro Marina
- Giants can't climb over .500, fall to Padres
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|