Aug 19, 2013, 12:56 PM PDT
She’s a keeper.
On Saturday in Sacramento, a couple got married between the third and fourth innings at a River Cats game. The between-innings wedding is believed to be the first of its kind.
The couple that tied the knot are Alan and Jalena Slape, both long-time River Cats season ticket holders. The ceremony that took place on the on-deck circle during the game lasted just 60 seconds.
Clearly inspired by the lovely nuptials, the A’s triple-A affiliate defeated the Tucson Padres 11-5. Eight of the River Cats 11 runs were scored after the wedding.
(H/T – Mark Ling from the River Cats for sending the scoreboard video)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Army Considers SF for Home of New Futures Command
- DeBoer: Now healthy, series-clincher Hertl can reach 'another level' in playoffs
- In night full of raw emotions, Warriors need road defense to step up vs Spurs
- California Lawmakers Move to Limit Gay Conversion Therapy
- The Raiders Insider Podcast with Hall of Fame receiver Tim Brown
- Warriors, Spurs Will Push Forward Amid Sorrow
- Report: 49ers will play at Packers on Monday Night Football
- Mike Brown will be patient, selective when it comes to next head coaching job
- Petaluma PD Seeks Man Who Failed to Register as Sex Offender
- Source: 49ers vs Raiders scheduled for prime time
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|