Aug 19, 2013, 3:47 PM PDT
You’ll be happy to know that NBA stars Stephen Curry and James Harden are sticking to basketball after their recent Footlocker commercial.
The ad that went viral on YouTube recently, features Harden as a singer and Curry as a music producer. The Warriors’ guard was blunt with his comments when asked recently if Harden has a shot at making it in the music industry.
“You want me to be straight up about it? No.” Curry said in an interview with NBA.com. “He had some bright spots, but we have some work to do with him.”
Curry also admitted that he has no shot at ever being a music producer. If the one horrific verse they played in the commercial isn’t enough, or you’re interested in experimenting with self mutilation, there’s actually a full version of the song “Harden Soul” online.
You don’t have to be an audiophile to know that Curry isn’t simply downplaying his musical mastery. Check out his rap verse in this video that was made when he was attending Davidson College.
Good thing he is amazing at basketball and has a fantastic sense of humor.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- How Sharks greats and the SJ community rallied around a teammate
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- TBT: Say Hey! Did you know Willie Mays smashed 17 homers in a single month?
- Power Restored in Parts of Calistoga, Others by Midnight
- 49ers report card: Grading offense, defense in 33-30 loss to Packers
- 49ers 'had a chance' but 'didn't get it done' in late loss to Packers
- C.J. Beathard, 49ers offense fade down the stretch of loss to Packers
- Jurors Urge SF Judge to Not Dismiss $289M Roundup Verdict
- Richard Sherman, Kyle Shanahan don't point fingers on 49ers' defensive lapses
- Fremont Street Under Transbay Terminal Reopens
- Steve Kerr Not Sticking to Sports Part 1 Promo
- Niners Can't Hold Late Lead vs. Packers
- 49ers Fall in Shootout With Aaron Rodgers and the Packers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|