Aug 19, 2013, 3:47 PM PDT
You’ll be happy to know that NBA stars Stephen Curry and James Harden are sticking to basketball after their recent Footlocker commercial.
The ad that went viral on YouTube recently, features Harden as a singer and Curry as a music producer. The Warriors’ guard was blunt with his comments when asked recently if Harden has a shot at making it in the music industry.
“You want me to be straight up about it? No.” Curry said in an interview with NBA.com. “He had some bright spots, but we have some work to do with him.”
Curry also admitted that he has no shot at ever being a music producer. If the one horrific verse they played in the commercial isn’t enough, or you’re interested in experimenting with self mutilation, there’s actually a full version of the song “Harden Soul” online.
You don’t have to be an audiophile to know that Curry isn’t simply downplaying his musical mastery. Check out his rap verse in this video that was made when he was attending Davidson College.
Good thing he is amazing at basketball and has a fantastic sense of humor.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Field of Links: Find out how much a 'Kimye' style proposal at AT&T Park costs
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Kings' Isaiah Thomas will deliver pizza to your home
- Throwback Thursday: Roseanne's wretched anthem performance
- Viral Video Shows Ayesha Curry Taunted By Rockets Fan
- Barack Obama Visits Airbnb Office in San Francisco
- Giants fall behind in seventh inning, lose third straight
- Warriors brief: How Chris Paul's injury changes the Western Conference Finals
- The Kings Insider Podcast: Who should Sacramento pick at No. 2?
- The Giants Insider Podcast: Breaking down the first 50 games
- Giants unravel in seventh inning, drop series opener to Cubs
- Police Investigating Shooting in San Francisco
- Police Block Off Pleasant Hill Area After Shooting Reports
- Rockets' loss is Warriors' gain as tables turn on the injury bug
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|