Aug 19, 2013, 3:47 PM PDT
You’ll be happy to know that NBA stars Stephen Curry and James Harden are sticking to basketball after their recent Footlocker commercial.
The ad that went viral on YouTube recently, features Harden as a singer and Curry as a music producer. The Warriors’ guard was blunt with his comments when asked recently if Harden has a shot at making it in the music industry.
“You want me to be straight up about it? No.” Curry said in an interview with NBA.com. “He had some bright spots, but we have some work to do with him.”
Curry also admitted that he has no shot at ever being a music producer. If the one horrific verse they played in the commercial isn’t enough, or you’re interested in experimenting with self mutilation, there’s actually a full version of the song “Harden Soul” online.
You don’t have to be an audiophile to know that Curry isn’t simply downplaying his musical mastery. Check out his rap verse in this video that was made when he was attending Davidson College.
Good thing he is amazing at basketball and has a fantastic sense of humor.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bruce Maxwell: Kneeling for anthem not 'disrespecting my country or my flag'
- Full Interview: Why Bruce Maxwell took knee during national anthem
- A's Catcher Becomes 1st MLB Player to Kneel for Anthem
- Madison Bumgarner, Gorkys Hernandez make statements in win over Dodgers
- Highlights: Giants' Panik, Crawford show off their gold leather vs Dodgers
- Bochy breaks down 'crisp' Bumgarner, Posey's game-winning throw
- Milo Flouts Cancellation of UC Berkeley's Free Speech Week
- Bumgarner Deals, Giants Do Enough to Beat Dodgers
- Sen. Sanders Boosts Health Care Plan in Bay Area
- Milo Yiannopoulos to March for Free Speech at UC Berkeley
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|