Aug 22, 2013, 4:43 PM PDT
What do you get when you cross an NFL franchise, an NBA star, and a super model? It looks like the answer to that question is a Twitter takeover.
The San Francisco 49ers are teaming up with Warriors guard Andre Iguodala and model Marisa Miller this week. They will take over the 49ers’ Twitter account during Sunday’s nationally televised game.
49ers.com will interview Miller and Iguodala at the end of the first quarter.
“The 49ers have an extremely passionate fan base, which is very active on social media,” said Scott Kegley, 49ers digital media manager in a media release. “Marisa and Andre are both 49ers fans and we wanted our fans to be able to watch the game right along with them, sharing their emotion and enthusiasm.”
Miller actually traveled to London to see the 49ers take on the Denver Broncos in 2010. The 49ers released this image as proof.
That’s reason enough for us to think this is a good idea. As for Iguodala, he just signed a four-year deal with the Warriors worth $48 million and he is a long-time 49ers fan, as well.
During the takeover Miller will use the initials “-MM” and Iguodala will use “-AI9” when tweeting from the team’s account.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- How Sharks greats and the SJ community rallied around a teammate
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- TBT: Say Hey! Did you know Willie Mays smashed 17 homers in a single month?
- Power Restored in Parts of Calistoga, Others by Midnight
- 49ers report card: Grading offense, defense in 33-30 loss to Packers
- 49ers 'had a chance' but 'didn't get it done' in late loss to Packers
- C.J. Beathard, 49ers offense fade down the stretch of loss to Packers
- Jurors Urge SF Judge to Not Dismiss $289M Roundup Verdict
- Richard Sherman, Kyle Shanahan don't point fingers on 49ers' defensive lapses
- Fremont Street Under Transbay Terminal Reopens
- Steve Kerr Not Sticking to Sports Part 1 Promo
- Niners Can't Hold Late Lead vs. Packers
- 49ers Fall in Shootout With Aaron Rodgers and the Packers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|