Aug 22, 2013, 4:43 PM PDT
What do you get when you cross an NFL franchise, an NBA star, and a super model? It looks like the answer to that question is a Twitter takeover.
The San Francisco 49ers are teaming up with Warriors guard Andre Iguodala and model Marisa Miller this week. They will take over the 49ers’ Twitter account during Sunday’s nationally televised game.
49ers.com will interview Miller and Iguodala at the end of the first quarter.
“The 49ers have an extremely passionate fan base, which is very active on social media,” said Scott Kegley, 49ers digital media manager in a media release. “Marisa and Andre are both 49ers fans and we wanted our fans to be able to watch the game right along with them, sharing their emotion and enthusiasm.”
Miller actually traveled to London to see the 49ers take on the Denver Broncos in 2010. The 49ers released this image as proof.
That’s reason enough for us to think this is a good idea. As for Iguodala, he just signed a four-year deal with the Warriors worth $48 million and he is a long-time 49ers fan, as well.
During the takeover Miller will use the initials “-MM” and Iguodala will use “-AI9” when tweeting from the team’s account.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- Case of the Mondays: Curry's 'Grammy Shoes' light up the court, Seattle restaurant offers 'Crabtree's Tears'
- Downing: Raiders offense off track, answers exist ‘in our scheme’
- Containment Numbers for North Bay Fires Steadily Improve
- Man Dies After Being Stabbed in South San Jose: Police
- Santa Rosa Couple Sues PG&E, Claims Negligence in Tubbs Fire
- Crew Strive to Gain Control of Fire in Santa Cruz Mountains
- North Bay Schools to Stay Closed Rest of Week
- Sharks Offense Comes Alive in Victory Over Canadiens
- Rockets Stun Warriors in 2017 Season Opener
- Napa Resident's Hayward Business Robbed as He Fights Flames
- Californians Brace for Emotional Toll From Wildfires
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|