Aug 22, 2013, 10:42 AM PDT
They say money doesn’t grow on trees, but it apparently grows on Brian Wilson’s face. The Los Angeles Dodgers’ reliever has been pitched an offer that would double his $1 million salary if he shaves his beard. The offer comes from a company called 800Razors.com.
The story was picked up by Radar Online on Wednesday and created quite a buzz on the internet. Proving that whatever motivated Wilson to grow the scruff was a stroke of brilliance.
“His beard is iconic, we are in the quality razor industry and want to partner with other shaving icons to show how great our product is,” 800razors.com founder Phillip Masiello told Radar Online. “If it can tackle shaving a beard like his, it can work wonders on the average man.”
It wouldn’t be the first time Wilson has turned a profit from his died black facial fuzz. Anyone remember this advertising campaign?
Wilson has been growing the beard since the 2010 season and it has made him one of the most identifiable players in Major League Baseball. The topic of B-Weez’ beard was discussed on Yahoo! Sports Talk Live during the “What’s Trending” segment with Melanie Collins.
Wilson was activated on Monday after being on the disabled list since April of 2012. He made his Dodgers debut on Thursday, tossing a scoreless inning. He struck out two batters and gave up a hit. Wilson underwent a second Tommy John procedure on his right elbow last year, and it might not be a bad idea to cash in as quickly as possible.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warriors solve three major problems by cutting back on fouls vs. Suns
- Three-Alarm Fire at SF Apartment Building Contained: SFFD
- Judge Upholds Weed Killer Verdict, Reduces Jury Award
- Man, 73, Cited For Vandalizing Candidate Campaign Sign
- Giants cut Kelby Tomlinson, four more from 40-man roster before MLB offseason
- Steph Curry, Dell Curry move up on NBA's father-son scoring list
- NFL rumors: Derek Carr has 'fractured relationship' with Raiders teammates
- Mayor Orders Removal of OPD's Sexual Assault Waiver
- Klay Thompson leaves Warriors-Suns out of caution; ankle sprain not serious
- Steph Curry's mom gets volleyball-style assist on jumper in warmups
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|