Aug 22, 2013, 8:54 AM PDT
Oakland Raiders head coach Dennis Allen hopes his players are far more talented than they looked during the annual rookie talent show.
Allen has been coaching in the NFL since 2002, and he couldn’t believe what he saw when the Raiders’ rookies took the stage to showcase their “talents.”
“They were terrible,” Allen said. “In 12 years of NFL football, worst rookie show I’ve ever seen.”
Allen wasn’t the only one that was left unimpressed by the Raiders’ rookies.
Coach Allen singled out D.J. Hayden and Sio Moore as the most talented of the bunch. Moore posted this video of the show on his instagram account. Typically, the rookie talent shows are private functions that are off limits to the public, so this is a rare glimpse of the action.
Moore was clearly feeling good about himself after the show.
To hear what Allen had to say about the festivities, simply skip to the 1:26 mark of this video from CSNBayArea.com.
The team has officially closed up shop in Napa and will be heading to their more permanent home in Alameda, where they will practice for the rest of the season. The Oakland Raiders kick off their 2013 campaign on September 8, in Indianapolis against the Colts.
Friday’s home exhibition game against the Bears will be blacked out locally.
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Taking a closer look at Ryan's criticism of Shanahan
- Grace had 'no idea' his 62 was lowest in a major
- Johnny's call: Grace's 62 'sweet,' course 'really easy'
- Live blog, The Open: Day 3 at Royal Birkdale
- Grace becomes first man to shoot 62 in a major
- Watch: Full replays of The Open coverage
- Highlights: Brandon Crawford starts game with smooth backhand gem
- Headed for 100 losses, Giants quietly give up on "Don't Stop Believin'" tradition
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways as Giants lose marathon in extras to Padres
- Odd Reason Postpones Shoreline Amphitheatre Concert
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|