Aug 22, 2013, 8:54 AM PDT
Oakland Raiders head coach Dennis Allen hopes his players are far more talented than they looked during the annual rookie talent show.
Allen has been coaching in the NFL since 2002, and he couldn’t believe what he saw when the Raiders’ rookies took the stage to showcase their “talents.”
“They were terrible,” Allen said. “In 12 years of NFL football, worst rookie show I’ve ever seen.”
Allen wasn’t the only one that was left unimpressed by the Raiders’ rookies.
Coach Allen singled out D.J. Hayden and Sio Moore as the most talented of the bunch. Moore posted this video of the show on his instagram account. Typically, the rookie talent shows are private functions that are off limits to the public, so this is a rare glimpse of the action.
Moore was clearly feeling good about himself after the show.
To hear what Allen had to say about the festivities, simply skip to the 1:26 mark of this video from CSNBayArea.com.
The team has officially closed up shop in Napa and will be heading to their more permanent home in Alameda, where they will practice for the rest of the season. The Oakland Raiders kick off their 2013 campaign on September 8, in Indianapolis against the Colts.
Friday’s home exhibition game against the Bears will be blacked out locally.
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Letters to Dwight Clark make impact, reach a wider audience
- The day of reckoning may finally be here for the uneventful Giants
- Whalen Playing Well in Long-Shot Chance to Join Raiders
- Seven ways Giants can evaluate roster over final 37 games of season
- Williams' Bid to Make 49ers' Backfield May Be Over
- 49ers' 53-man roster projection midway through 2018 NFL preseason
- Alameda Unified School District Adjusts Dress Code Policies
- Snedeker returns to OWGR top 50 with Wyndham win
- Wyndham purse payout: Snedeker clears $1 million
- Langer named Payne Stewart Award recipient
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|