Aug 22, 2013, 10:22 AM PDT
The San Francisco 49ers used to have Joe Montana starting and Steve Young on the bench. Two NFL Hall of Famers on the same team. It’s pretty hard to top that right?
Well, ESPN’s Ron Jaworski thinks the 49ers could top that with Colin Kaepernick. The veteran quarterback believes that Kaepernick has the potential to be the greatest quarterback of all time. Hat tip to Sports Illustrated’s Audibles for pulling the quote.
“I truly believe Colin Kaepernick could be one of the greatest quarterbacks ever,” Jaworski said Wednesday on ESPN. “I love his skill set. I think the sky’s the limit.”
Kap has a pretty crazy skill set. He has a laser-rocket arm, the speed of a gazelle, and the size of a tight end, but could he really be the best ever?
Our own 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco had a tough time simply dismissing the notion that Kap could become one of the all-time greats in his recent mailbag.
“In fact, you might be hard-pressed to find a quarterback in NFL history who has the combination of size, speed, strength and arm talent of Kaepernick,” Maiocco wrote.
To put the question under further scrutiny, Comcast SportsNet gathered some of the most cynical people around, the Bay Area’s media members, and asked them the same question during Yahoo! Sports Talk Live.
The 49ers’ signal caller exceeded expectation last season, and word around camp is that he is even better now. The real test will come when his body of work can be evaluated over the course of an entire season. Defenses will surely be keen to all of his tactics heading into this year.
If you’d like to offer your opinion on the topic, there’s an interesting discussion taking place right now over at CSNBayArea.com.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Body Parts Found in Hayward May Belong to Missing SF Man
- New Details Emerge in Case of Missing SF Uber Driver
- Giants lineup: Hernandez in, Slater out
- Earthquakes players react to Kinnear's firing, Leitch's promotion
- Fireworks Enforcement Ramps Up for Fourth of July
- Vogt has that 'rejuvenation feeling' going from A's to first-place Brewers
- Tierney, Sorensen among players qualified by Sharks
- With Duffy's uncertain health, Rays reportedly trade for another shortstop
- Facebook May Be Creating Original TV Shows: Report
- Earthquakes GM defends firing coach: 'I think this team can achieve more'
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|