Aug 23, 2013, 3:29 PM PST
It’s hard to believe that Stockton Ports shortstop Addison Russell is only 19 years old when watching him on the baseball diamond. Russell, the A’s first round pick in the 2012 First-Year Player Draft, is composed and confident. He looks like he was born to play baseball. He has broad shoulders and a slender frame, a sweet swing, and a slick glove.
The Oakland Athletics thought so highly of the kid that they invited him to Spring Training with the big league club this year. In six games this spring against MLB-caliber competition, he hit .250 and drove in two runs.
Seeing as how Russell has proven to be unflappable in the face of intense pressure, Field Of Teams solicited questions from A’s fans on Twitter and asked the A’s top prospect to answer all of the questions on camera. Knowing things could get weird, he still obliged.
In his first full season with the Ports, Russell got off to a slow start but has turned it around. He is hitting .318 since the All-Star Break with nine home runs, 29 RBI, and 25 walks. The six-foot-tall, 190-pound native of Pace, Florida, is hitting a respectable .279 with 16 homers and 57 RBI this season in Stockton.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kings trio puts on a show at 2019 NBA Rising Stars Challenge in Charlotte
- Records Challenge Nebraska's Account of Washington Case
- Why Colin Kaepernick's NFL settlement doesn't mean he'll rejoin league
- 75-Year-Old Woman Miraculously Survives Sausalito Landslide
- Klay Thompson volunteers his time to kick off All-Star Weekend in Charlotte
- Get primed for the NBA 3-point shooting contest featuring Curry vs. Curry
- UPS Driver Praised for Purposely Driving Slow During Pursuit
- Bat Found at Southland Mall Tests Positive for Rabies
- Oakland Teachers May Strike Next Week
- Steph Curry sits down for exclusive interview from NBA All-Star Weekend
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|