Aug 26, 2013, 12:18 PM PDT
Colin Kaepernick is becoming a more popular pitch man than Peyton Manning. The 49ers starting quarterback is featured in yet another commercial. This time it’s an EA Sports advertisement for Madden 25. He stars alongside Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.
The spot featuring the two breakout quarterbacks paints them as bitter rivals dating back to summer camp, where they fictionally competed as children in the first version of the popular Madden video game franchise. In the commercial, both Kaepernick and Wilson spend the entire camp trying to best each other at the game, then are driven to exceed at football to compete in real life.
Wilson is seen “Kaepernicking” in the face of Kaepernick near the end of the commercial. It looks like Kap gets the upper hand in the game, though. While both players are given overall ratings of 89 in the new Madden game, Kaepernick’s peripheral stats are better.
For fun, here’s how the two quarterbacks stack up against each other in Madden 25.
Madden 25 ratings:
Russell Wilson / Colin Kaepernick
Overall – 89 / 89
Speed – 86 / 88
Strength – 57 / 63
Agility – 90 / 91
Awareness – 76 / 75
Carrying – 74 / 73
Throw Power – 93 / 96
Stamina – 97 / 96
Toughness – 88 / 94
Throw on the run – 89 / 89
Playaction – 75 / 75
Deep Throw Accuracy – 85 / 88
Medium Throw Accuracy – 85 / 83
Short Throw Accuracy – 87 / 86
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Letters to Dwight Clark make impact, reach a wider audience
- The day of reckoning may finally be here for the uneventful Giants
- Whalen Playing Well in Long-Shot Chance to Join Raiders
- Seven ways Giants can evaluate roster over final 37 games of season
- Williams' Bid to Make 49ers' Backfield May Be Over
- 49ers' 53-man roster projection midway through 2018 NFL preseason
- Alameda Unified School District Adjusts Dress Code Policies
- Snedeker returns to OWGR top 50 with Wyndham win
- Wyndham purse payout: Snedeker clears $1 million
- Langer named Payne Stewart Award recipient
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|