Aug 26, 2013, 11:31 AM PDT
After one of the most memorable seasons in franchise history, the Golden State Warriors are sprucing up Oracle Arena. This news comes on the heels of a report that indicates the Warriors’ plans for a new arena in San Francisco are lagging and over budget.
A recent report by the San Francisco Chronicle states that the Warriors are increasingly likely to miss the 2017 target date for the new arena’s opening. In an interview with the San Jose Mercury News in July, Warriors’ owner Joe Lacob also explained that there’s a possibility the project could be delayed.
“OK. There’s always a possibility we don’t make it then,” Lacob told Tim Kawakami. “We’re trying to do it. We try to set goals and we’re pretty good at achieving our goals. I wouldn’t count us out on this.”
With that in mind, the Dubs deserve credit for upgrading their current venue. The A’s and Raiders haven’t pitched in to change the Oakland Coliseum in a long time, unless tarps count, and there’s no chance they’ll be playing anywhere new before 2017.
Here are the planned modifications as detailed by a release from the Warriors PR department.
– Theater Boxes – There will be 16 new Theater Boxes that feature four seats. They will be located on the south side of the Mezzanine Suite Level, and include a private chef’s table with a concierge, bartender and personal service attendant. They offer complimentary food and beverages, and will be outfitted with iPads and charging stations.
– Floor Seats – The Warriors will be adding a second row of floor seats. The second row on the floor creates 114 more courtside seats. As the release states, there will now be a total of 264 floor seats at Oracle Arena.
– New VIP Club – The Warriors are adding a new 3,000-square-foot VIP Club located on the South side of the Event Level. The new club will feature 11 HD TVs, and it will serve complimentary food and beverages from the time the arena opens until the end of the game.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kings sputter late, fall to Spurs 106-99
- Posey keeps showing his value behind plate for Giants
- Harbaugh explains why he kept Kap in Broncos game so long
- Giants' World Series message: 'Respect but don't fear' Royals
- Warriors sign G Sean Kilpatrick
- Giants notes: Bochy sets DH, Lincecum ready to relieve, etc.
- Harbaugh unsure if Aldon's suspension could be reduced
- Prior World Series experience doesn't matter after Game 1
- Kilgore set for season-ending surgery
- World Series prop bets: More than six steals for Royals?
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|