Aug 27, 2013, 11:53 AM PDT
The top prospects of the Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants will be playing in the Arizona Fall League. Stockton Ports shortstop Addison Russell and San Jose Giants pitcher Kyle Crick highlight the class of Bay Area prospects that will be putting in some extra work this offseason.
Russell was recently named the California League’s Rookie of the Year. He is hitting .279 with 17 home runs and 58 RBI. Crick, like Russell, was a selection in the 2013 Futures Game. He is 2-1 with a 1.75 ERA in 13 games in single-A this season.
In total, seven A’s and seven Giants will compete in the fall league. The A’s prospects will be members of the Mesa Solar Sox and the Giants will play for the Scottsdale Scorpions.
A’s prospects in the AFL:
Ryan Dull, RHP
Omar Duran, LHP
Seth Frankoff, RHP
Jeff Urlaub, LHP
David Freitas, C
Max Muncy, IF
Addison Russell, IF
Giants prospects in the AFL:
Kyle Crick, RHP
Cody Hall, RHP
Adalberto Mejia, LHP
Andrew Susac, C
Angel Villalona, IF
Jarrett Parker, OF
(An additional Giants player is listed as TBD)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Rewind: Fragile Sharks blow another late lead to Jackets
- Shot of the Game: Pavelski ties it in third period
- Lakers could stink for years, and not because of Kobe
- Lakers' Nash ruled out for season
- Instant Replay: Sharks blow two leads, fall to Jackets 5-4
- World Series notes: Royals, Giants consider OF changes, etc.
- Strickland 'embarrassed', hopes for another chance
- Lincecum upbeat, 'feels normal' after playing catch
- Seahawks' Wilson blames media for Harvin conjecture
- Bochy applauds Giants rookie Strickland for ownership
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|