Aug 27, 2013, 11:53 AM PST
The top prospects of the Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants will be playing in the Arizona Fall League. Stockton Ports shortstop Addison Russell and San Jose Giants pitcher Kyle Crick highlight the class of Bay Area prospects that will be putting in some extra work this offseason.
Russell was recently named the California League’s Rookie of the Year. He is hitting .279 with 17 home runs and 58 RBI. Crick, like Russell, was a selection in the 2013 Futures Game. He is 2-1 with a 1.75 ERA in 13 games in single-A this season.
In total, seven A’s and seven Giants will compete in the fall league. The A’s prospects will be members of the Mesa Solar Sox and the Giants will play for the Scottsdale Scorpions.
A’s prospects in the AFL:
Ryan Dull, RHP
Omar Duran, LHP
Seth Frankoff, RHP
Jeff Urlaub, LHP
David Freitas, C
Max Muncy, IF
Addison Russell, IF
Giants prospects in the AFL:
Kyle Crick, RHP
Cody Hall, RHP
Adalberto Mejia, LHP
Andrew Susac, C
Angel Villalona, IF
Jarrett Parker, OF
(An additional Giants player is listed as TBD)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- VIDEO: SF Batkid saves Giants' mascot Lou Seal from Penguin
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Former Cal Bear Jaylen Brown holds heavy heart in win over Warriors
- Khalil Mack wants to be Raider for life: 'That’s a no-brainer for me'
- A's Hire Design Firms For Proposed New Baseball Stadium
- Awards season reminds us how far Giants fell in 2017
- Five Men Sue San Jose Police, City For Gay Sting Operation
- Steinle Trial: Jurors Can Consider 1st-Degree Murder Verdict
- UC Regents Chastise System President's ‘Poor Judgment’
- First New Muni Train Goes Into Service in San Francisco
- Escaped 'Psychopath' Explains Why He Fled Hawaii Hospital
- Tesla Unveils Plans For Electric Semi, New Roadster
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|