Aug 30, 2013, 5:22 PM PDT
Even Cy Young Award-winners have to commute like us.
Tampa Bay Rays starting pitcher David Price learned the hard way what happens when the Bay Bridge isn’t open. Price decided he didn’t want to take BART to the Oakland Coliseum for Friday’s start against Jarrod Parker, and he documented his misadventures on Twitter.
Rather than braving a $3.85, 20-minute BART ride straight to the Coliseum. Price was stuck in a taxi and paid over $200 for an hour-plus ride.
Rays beat writer Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times did an excellent job fanning the flames. Kudos to you, sir.
Oakland Athletics pitcher (and fellow Vanderbilt alum) Sonny Gray couldn’t help but to pile on.
When teams visit the Oakland Coliseum they stay in downtown San Francisco. When guys miss the bus or there’s an accident on the Bay Bridge, it can lead to some inconvenient situations. Something similar happened to the Angels earlier this season.
Price is 8-5 with a 3.28 ERA this season. Pitchers are creatures of habit, and he’ll have to hope his time in traffic didn’t throw off his routine when he takes the mound.
According to Topkin, the Rays players that took the team bus didn’t fair much better. They just left earlier.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- How Sharks greats and the SJ community rallied around a teammate
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- TBT: Say Hey! Did you know Willie Mays smashed 17 homers in a single month?
- Power Restored in Parts of Calistoga, Others by Midnight
- 49ers report card: Grading offense, defense in 33-30 loss to Packers
- 49ers 'had a chance' but 'didn't get it done' in late loss to Packers
- C.J. Beathard, 49ers offense fade down the stretch of loss to Packers
- Jurors Urge SF Judge to Not Dismiss $289M Roundup Verdict
- Richard Sherman, Kyle Shanahan don't point fingers on 49ers' defensive lapses
- Fremont Street Under Transbay Terminal Reopens
- Steve Kerr Not Sticking to Sports Part 1 Promo
- Niners Can't Hold Late Lead vs. Packers
- 49ers Fall in Shootout With Aaron Rodgers and the Packers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|