Aug 30, 2013, 5:22 PM PST
Even Cy Young Award-winners have to commute like us.
Tampa Bay Rays starting pitcher David Price learned the hard way what happens when the Bay Bridge isn’t open. Price decided he didn’t want to take BART to the Oakland Coliseum for Friday’s start against Jarrod Parker, and he documented his misadventures on Twitter.
Rather than braving a $3.85, 20-minute BART ride straight to the Coliseum. Price was stuck in a taxi and paid over $200 for an hour-plus ride.
Rays beat writer Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times did an excellent job fanning the flames. Kudos to you, sir.
Oakland Athletics pitcher (and fellow Vanderbilt alum) Sonny Gray couldn’t help but to pile on.
When teams visit the Oakland Coliseum they stay in downtown San Francisco. When guys miss the bus or there’s an accident on the Bay Bridge, it can lead to some inconvenient situations. Something similar happened to the Angels earlier this season.
Price is 8-5 with a 3.28 ERA this season. Pitchers are creatures of habit, and he’ll have to hope his time in traffic didn’t throw off his routine when he takes the mound.
According to Topkin, the Rays players that took the team bus didn’t fair much better. They just left earlier.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|