Aug 30, 2013, 5:22 PM PST
Even Cy Young Award-winners have to commute like us.
Tampa Bay Rays starting pitcher David Price learned the hard way what happens when the Bay Bridge isn’t open. Price decided he didn’t want to take BART to the Oakland Coliseum for Friday’s start against Jarrod Parker, and he documented his misadventures on Twitter.
Rather than braving a $3.85, 20-minute BART ride straight to the Coliseum. Price was stuck in a taxi and paid over $200 for an hour-plus ride.
Rays beat writer Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times did an excellent job fanning the flames. Kudos to you, sir.
Oakland Athletics pitcher (and fellow Vanderbilt alum) Sonny Gray couldn’t help but to pile on.
When teams visit the Oakland Coliseum they stay in downtown San Francisco. When guys miss the bus or there’s an accident on the Bay Bridge, it can lead to some inconvenient situations. Something similar happened to the Angels earlier this season.
Price is 8-5 with a 3.28 ERA this season. Pitchers are creatures of habit, and he’ll have to hope his time in traffic didn’t throw off his routine when he takes the mound.
According to Topkin, the Rays players that took the team bus didn’t fair much better. They just left earlier.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks remain undefeated after bye week with win in Arizona
- Mikkel Boedker stays hot with second goal in as many games
- Airbnb Hosts in SF Scramble to Register Listings With City
- SJ City Council to Mull Increased Civilian Oversight for PD
- 4 Hurt in Campus Riot Over Milo Yiannopoulos Speech Sue Cal
- Andrew McCutchen: The GIF that keeps on GIFing
- Mike Krukow named 2017 Sportscaster of the year
- Trade Talk: Samardzija on Longo and Cutch acquisitions
- CHP Motorcycle Cop Hurt, Driver Arrested After Hwy. 4 Wreck
- Massive Developments Get Green Light in South Bay
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|