Sep 4, 2013, 6:40 PM PDT
They are in supreme physical condition, both posed for ESPN The Magazine’s Body Issue, share an affinity for tattoos, and at one point, a tweet was sent from one to another. Apparently, that’s enough to ask a TMZ-style question about relationship status during a football interview.
On Wednesday, at 49ers headquarters in Santa Clara, a reporter asked quarterback Colin Kaepernick to address the rumors that he’s dating USA Soccer star Sydney Leroux. Like most of Kaepernick’s answers, it was abrupt. “Not my girlfriend,” he said.
Here’s the tweet that had some people guessing that Kap might soon change his Facebook status from “It’s complicated” to “In a relationship” (does he even have a facebook page?).
Leroux’s Bruins ended up blowing out Kaepernick’s Wolfpack 58-20. He does get he edge on her in one key category, though. Here’s a tweet from last May, proving that she and Kaepernick have been seen together at the same place at the same time.
Again, this still doesn’t mean they are dating. And isn’t that former Kim Kardashian beau Kris Humphries? Kaepernick didn’t respond to the tweet.
Here’s the line of questioning:
On a personal note, there was a lady who scored four goals for team USA’s soccer team last night, Sydney Leroux. There was a report that said you guys were dating.
Kaepernick: “What’s your question?”
My question is were you watching? Is she your girlfriend?
Kaepernick: “Not my girlfriend. I didn’t see the game. I was working.”
It’s hard to blame anyone for trying to swerve the typically guarded quarterback in a media setting.
Leroux has been linked to Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt in the past, which means a precedent has been set. You know, since we are jumping to conclusions and all. Here’s some behind the scenes video of Leroux’s ESPN The Magazine Body Issue shoot. For context, yeah. Context, that’s important here.
Ladies, we didn’t forget you. There’s also video of Kap’s photo shoot. The public will be kept guessing while Kaepernick and the 49ers get set to take on the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. In the meantime, here are some pictures from Leroux’s ESPN photo shoot for research reasons.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Betcha' didn't know this about baseballs
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Hall and Oates, Tears For Fears Show in San Jose Postponed
- Pepper Spray Prompts Evacuations at South San Jose Hotel
- Highlights: Another Giants loss? Here's a skateboarding dog and dancing kid
- Father Arrested After Abandoning Baby in Suisun City: Police
- Bochy voices frustration with umpire after loss to Pirates
- Pavlovic: Headed to Sacramento, Pablo has lot of work to do
- Fallon Smith throws down on Ahmed Fareed in #DriveByDunkChallenge
- Listless Giants roughed up by Pirates in ejection-filled series opener
- Woman Arrested in Man's Fatal Stabbing in Burlingame Home
- Done with SJ, Pablo trying to get to San Francisco as soon as possible
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|