Sep 4, 2013, 12:07 PM PDT
The Vegas oddsmakers don’t like the Oakland Athletics chances of winning the World Series. Sure, they’re up there on the list, but they are behind seven other teams, including the Pittsburgh Pirates, who are having their first winning season since 1992.
Here’s how Bovada.lv stacks up MLB’s World Series contenders:
Los Angeles Dodgers – 13/4
Detroit Tigers – 19/4
Atlanta Braves – 13/2
Boston Red Sox – 15/2
Texas Rangers – 10/1
Pittsburgh Pirates – 11/1
St. Louis Cardinals – 11/1
Oakland Athletics – 12/1
Cincinnati Reds – 14/1
TampaBay Rays – 14/1
New York Yankees – 25/1
Baltimore Orioles – 28/1
Vegas currently thinks the A’s are the fourth-best team in the American League. Maybe they didn’t see this catch.
The Oakland Athletics are one game behind the Texas Rangers in the American League West. They have Bartolo Colon back in the starting rotation and Opening Day starter Brett Anderson pitching out the bullpen as a long reliever. With the A’s pitching depth, they have the ability to make a deep run. Their key will be getting consistent contributions from Coco Crisp, Yoenis Cespedes, and anything from Josh Reddick’s potential return.
Odds to win the 2013 AL Pennant
Detroit Tigers – 2/1
Boston Red Sox – 15/4
Texas Rangers – 5/1
Oakland Athletics – 6/1
The A’s have one of the softest remaining schedules and lead the pack for the AL Wild Card by 2.5 games. According to postseason probability ratings by Baseball Prospectus, the A’s have a 96 percent chance of making the playoffs.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Livingston on Kerr: 'He’s our leader ... somebody that we count on'
- New Raiders RB Hood modeled game after Marshawn, wants to learn from Lynch
- Lynch: TE McDonald to return to 49ers after being on trade block
- Lynch: 49ers expected to pick up Ward's fifth-year option
- A's Notes: Date for Sonny Gray's first start of season set
- Raiders select DT Treyvon Hester in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Raiders select RB Elijah Hood in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Cal Fire Rescues Man Who Fell Into Gilroy Well
- Giants lineup: Nunez in right field against Padres
- People's Climate March Draws Hundreds Across Bay Area
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|