Sep 4, 2013, 12:07 PM PDT
The Vegas oddsmakers don’t like the Oakland Athletics chances of winning the World Series. Sure, they’re up there on the list, but they are behind seven other teams, including the Pittsburgh Pirates, who are having their first winning season since 1992.
Here’s how Bovada.lv stacks up MLB’s World Series contenders:
Los Angeles Dodgers – 13/4
Detroit Tigers – 19/4
Atlanta Braves – 13/2
Boston Red Sox – 15/2
Texas Rangers – 10/1
Pittsburgh Pirates – 11/1
St. Louis Cardinals – 11/1
Oakland Athletics – 12/1
Cincinnati Reds – 14/1
TampaBay Rays – 14/1
New York Yankees – 25/1
Baltimore Orioles – 28/1
Vegas currently thinks the A’s are the fourth-best team in the American League. Maybe they didn’t see this catch.
The Oakland Athletics are one game behind the Texas Rangers in the American League West. They have Bartolo Colon back in the starting rotation and Opening Day starter Brett Anderson pitching out the bullpen as a long reliever. With the A’s pitching depth, they have the ability to make a deep run. Their key will be getting consistent contributions from Coco Crisp, Yoenis Cespedes, and anything from Josh Reddick’s potential return.
Odds to win the 2013 AL Pennant
Detroit Tigers – 2/1
Boston Red Sox – 15/4
Texas Rangers – 5/1
Oakland Athletics – 6/1
The A’s have one of the softest remaining schedules and lead the pack for the AL Wild Card by 2.5 games. According to postseason probability ratings by Baseball Prospectus, the A’s have a 96 percent chance of making the playoffs.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabbing on BART Train Shuts Down South Hayward Station
- City Settles Civil Rights Suit Filed by Palo Alto Man
- PG&E to Shut Off Power in 18 Counties, Three in Bay Area
- Kings' accumulated depth paying dividends as team creeps back to .500
- Bogdan Bogdanovic catches fire as Kings stay hot, finish off win over Suns
- List: School Closures Due to PG&E Power Shutoffs
- Bumping is Back: More Passengers Booted from Flights
- Warriors' hard work finally 'rewarded' with skid-busting win in Memphis
- Shot of the Game: Bogdan Bogdanovic drains 3-pointer for new scoring high
- Sharks' 6-Game Win Streak Snapped by Oilers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|