Sep 6, 2013, 2:43 PM PDT
Needy people in San Francisco will get food if Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews sacks 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick this Sunday. Just how much food they get, will be determined by how many times Kaepernick goes down.
Campbell’s Chunky Soup is donating 1,000 cans of soup to the San Francisco Food Bank, and 1,000 more in Green Bay for each sack Matthews records against a 49ers quarterback. The “Sacks for Soup” program will benefit food banks in Green Bay and each opponent’s city throughout the NFL season.
Matthews was only able to sack Kaepernick once in the NFC divisional game won by the 49ers last season. The Packers’ linebacker was credited with 2.5 sacks on Alex Smith in week one of the 2012 season, though. The 49ers defeated the Packers in both of those games.
As part of the program, Campbell Soup Company will also be donating $1,000 to Matthews’ CM3 Charitable Fund, for each sack he records this season. Matthew’s is starring in this year’s Campbell’s Chunky Soup “Mama’s Boy” ad campaign.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steph Curry takes jab at Michael Jordan for Hall of Fame comment
- Raiders fans can dare to dream about Jon Gruden leading team to the postseason
- Rebirth, Angst and the 'New Normal' of California Wildfires
- NFL Draft 2020: Where 49ers, Raiders would pick if season ended today
- San Quinn, Young Sight get you hyped for 49ers-Seahawks prime-time clash
- AFC playoff picture: Raiders on Chiefs' heels heading into Week 11
- Police Seek Suspects Involved in Chinatown Violent Attack
- MLB rumors: A's in talks with Stephen Vogt's agent during free agency
- 49ers' Ben Garland sees worlds intersect with football on Veterans Day
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo, George Kittle among top-selling NFL jerseys
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|