Sep 6, 2013, 2:43 PM PDT
Needy people in San Francisco will get food if Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews sacks 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick this Sunday. Just how much food they get, will be determined by how many times Kaepernick goes down.
Campbell’s Chunky Soup is donating 1,000 cans of soup to the San Francisco Food Bank, and 1,000 more in Green Bay for each sack Matthews records against a 49ers quarterback. The “Sacks for Soup” program will benefit food banks in Green Bay and each opponent’s city throughout the NFL season.
Matthews was only able to sack Kaepernick once in the NFC divisional game won by the 49ers last season. The Packers’ linebacker was credited with 2.5 sacks on Alex Smith in week one of the 2012 season, though. The 49ers defeated the Packers in both of those games.
As part of the program, Campbell Soup Company will also be donating $1,000 to Matthews’ CM3 Charitable Fund, for each sack he records this season. Matthew’s is starring in this year’s Campbell’s Chunky Soup “Mama’s Boy” ad campaign.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Caltrain's Rail Grinding Project to Reduce Noise
- Woman Whose Wedding Ring Was Stolen in SF Just Wants It Back
- SJ Flood Victims to Face off Against Politicians at Meeting
- Two Iron Workers Injured at Facebook Construction Site
- Judge Drops Most Charges Against Suspect Shot by SF Officers
- Ann Coulter, UC Berkeley Clash Over Canceled Visit
- Manaea felt 'little sharp pain', but status of shoulder not immediately known
- Morse, Arroyo stun Dodgers, lift Giants to thrilling comeback win
- High School Fight in East Bay Leaves One Girl Seriously Hurt
- Did Giants rookie Arroyo even know he hit first career homer off the bat?
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|