Sep 6, 2013, 5:41 PM PST
On Thursday at AT&T Park a Giants fan had a whole heap of trouble hanging a mini K sign.
Giants starting pitcher Ryan Vogelsong struck out Gerardo Parra for the first out of the inning prompting this fan’s effort. There were two outs when the video begins, so in reality this fan’s struggles lasted more than the excruciating two minutes, 20 seconds shown in this clip.
In case you don’t want to live through two-plus minutes of an old guy trying to hang a K sign, here’s a breakdown of what transpired.
0:05 – Old mini K guy realizes there’s a problem with his mini K sign attaching system. It looks like the guy to the left is already laughing at his expense.
0:10 – The lady to the right is pointing out that the real K sign on the right field wall is already properly hung. People behind him are still laughing. Panic is starting to set in.
0:30 – We’re 30 seconds in and Kruk and Kuip have already suggested this poor guy use duct tape three times. A second attempt is well on its way to failure. The two guys located in the left side of the frame are smirking. They seem to be enjoying this too much. Somebody help this poor guy.
0:48 – There’s now two strikes. This poor guy is now one strike away from his head exploding. It just got real.
1:05 – A massive development. The K sign is hanging, but it’s not quite correct. The giggles to the left of the frame have spread to a third party. Mini K sign guy has reached a state of deep despair. Does he save face and leave the K alone? Or does his pride and pursuit of perfection get to him?
1:25 – AAAAAHRGG. A foul ball buys him a few extra seconds and he can’t take it anymore. He goes in for a third attempt. The entire row except for the kid and his dad are now closely following this development. At the bottom left of the screen it looks like someone just found out they’ve been on TV for the last minute and change.
2:05 – After another foul ball we’re on the fifth attempt. The kid remains turned away in disgust while almost everyone in the frame is now watching. The lady just to the left of the railing appears to be actually watching the game. Over two minutes have gone by, but it feels like an eternity for old K guy.
2:20 – He nails it!! It took six attempts, but the third K has been successfully hung. It will go down as one of the shining moments in the 2013 San Francisco Giants season.
The moment of elation would be short lived. Moments later, Adam Eaton hit a double. The Diamondbacks ended up rallying for four runs and Vogelsong was chased from the game before the third out was recorded.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Ever wonder how the Giants chalk their infield?
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Bad offense, not bad officiating, is main culprit for Sharks' skid
- Gameday: How the well-rested Nets will test the Durant-less Warriors
- Joel Embiid 'likes' Kevin Durant's postgame comments
- Steph Curry goes on rant over how Celtics-in-Finals comments were interpreted
- Warriors F Kevin Durant won't play vs Nets due to ankle injury
- Watch: Fleetwood gets emotional with family after Race to Dubai win
- SFO Is Among 10 Most Instagram-Worthy Airports in US: Report
- Matsuyama after Koepka rout: 'Huge gap between us'
- McCormick to caddie for Spieth at Aussie Open
- Rahm wins finale, Fleetwood takes Race to Dubai
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|