Sep 6, 2013, 5:41 PM PST
On Thursday at AT&T Park a Giants fan had a whole heap of trouble hanging a mini K sign.
Giants starting pitcher Ryan Vogelsong struck out Gerardo Parra for the first out of the inning prompting this fan’s effort. There were two outs when the video begins, so in reality this fan’s struggles lasted more than the excruciating two minutes, 20 seconds shown in this clip.
In case you don’t want to live through two-plus minutes of an old guy trying to hang a K sign, here’s a breakdown of what transpired.
0:05 – Old mini K guy realizes there’s a problem with his mini K sign attaching system. It looks like the guy to the left is already laughing at his expense.
0:10 – The lady to the right is pointing out that the real K sign on the right field wall is already properly hung. People behind him are still laughing. Panic is starting to set in.
0:30 – We’re 30 seconds in and Kruk and Kuip have already suggested this poor guy use duct tape three times. A second attempt is well on its way to failure. The two guys located in the left side of the frame are smirking. They seem to be enjoying this too much. Somebody help this poor guy.
0:48 – There’s now two strikes. This poor guy is now one strike away from his head exploding. It just got real.
1:05 – A massive development. The K sign is hanging, but it’s not quite correct. The giggles to the left of the frame have spread to a third party. Mini K sign guy has reached a state of deep despair. Does he save face and leave the K alone? Or does his pride and pursuit of perfection get to him?
1:25 – AAAAAHRGG. A foul ball buys him a few extra seconds and he can’t take it anymore. He goes in for a third attempt. The entire row except for the kid and his dad are now closely following this development. At the bottom left of the screen it looks like someone just found out they’ve been on TV for the last minute and change.
2:05 – After another foul ball we’re on the fifth attempt. The kid remains turned away in disgust while almost everyone in the frame is now watching. The lady just to the left of the railing appears to be actually watching the game. Over two minutes have gone by, but it feels like an eternity for old K guy.
2:20 – He nails it!! It took six attempts, but the third K has been successfully hung. It will go down as one of the shining moments in the 2013 San Francisco Giants season.
The moment of elation would be short lived. Moments later, Adam Eaton hit a double. The Diamondbacks ended up rallying for four runs and Vogelsong was chased from the game before the third out was recorded.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- How Sharks' defense is making progress, helping produce string of wins
- Raiders must use 2019 NFL draft, free agency to overhaul WR corps
- Stephen Curry lauds De'Aaron Fox's progress, shares what greatness takes
- Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely by NFL
- Jon Gruden trolls Stephen A. Smith, says Raiders need Tim Brown vs. Bengals
- Sources: Giants interested in Kevin Pillar trade with Blue Jays
- Raiders-Bengals injury report: Kelechi Osemele out, Gabe Jackson questionable
- California Moves to Eliminate Fossil Fuels From Its Bus Fleet
- South Bay Rock Musician's Unique Take On Christmas Music
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|