Sep 6, 2013, 8:58 PM PDT
This picture is worth a thousand words about the A’s and Astros this season. We’ll keep it much shorter than that, though.
The Oakland Athletics are the defending American League West champs. The Houston Astros are AL West newcomers. The A’s are fighting for another division crown. The Astros are fighting to finish the season. The A’s have won 81 games. The Astros have won 47. The A’s lead the series vs. the Astros 13-4.
Nate Freiman is six-foot-eight. Jose Altuve is five-foot-five. The picture says it all.
Also worth noting: The Astros released Freiman and the A’s claimed him. He is 11 for 26 (.423) with three doubles, three home runs and 11 RBI in 10 games against Houston.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bumgarner's rehab includes use of new pitch tracking technology
- Warriors schedule for California Classic Summer League announced
- Don Nelson wants Warriors to make one adjustment: 'I would think that's pretty obvious'
- San Francisco 49ers Buy Stake in English Soccer Club Leeds
- Evander Kane staying with Sharks for seven more seasons
- Niners Already Love Jerick McKinnon as a Receiver
- Calif. Court to Rule If Defendants Can Access Social Media
- Sharks re-sign Evander Kane to seven-year deal
- Cooper Excited by Raiders' New-Look Offense
- Warriors Outsiders Podcast: Fair to second-guess the roster? More Jordan Bell in Game 5?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|