Sep 6, 2013, 8:58 PM PDT
This picture is worth a thousand words about the A’s and Astros this season. We’ll keep it much shorter than that, though.
The Oakland Athletics are the defending American League West champs. The Houston Astros are AL West newcomers. The A’s are fighting for another division crown. The Astros are fighting to finish the season. The A’s have won 81 games. The Astros have won 47. The A’s lead the series vs. the Astros 13-4.
Nate Freiman is six-foot-eight. Jose Altuve is five-foot-five. The picture says it all.
Also worth noting: The Astros released Freiman and the A’s claimed him. He is 11 for 26 (.423) with three doubles, three home runs and 11 RBI in 10 games against Houston.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks vs. Sabres live stream: Watch NHL game online on MyTeams
- Water Main Break Prompts Street Closure in Alameda
- 49ers-Rams injury report: CB Jimmie Ward unlikely to play Sunday
- Jazz a revenge game for Jonas Jerebko? 'Don’t really care about them anymore'
- Richard Sherman explains why he's not disappointed teams aren't targeting him
- Marin-native Jared Goff addresses Bay Area-LA rivalry
- 'Amazon Go' Store Approved for SF's Financial District
- Sharks debuting new 3D helmet decal on Stealth Night
- Evaluating A's arbitration in 2018 MLB offseason: Liam Hendriks
- Why Raiders might wade back into NFL trade market with rumors swirling
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|