Sep 6, 2013, 8:58 PM PDT
This picture is worth a thousand words about the A’s and Astros this season. We’ll keep it much shorter than that, though.
The Oakland Athletics are the defending American League West champs. The Houston Astros are AL West newcomers. The A’s are fighting for another division crown. The Astros are fighting to finish the season. The A’s have won 81 games. The Astros have won 47. The A’s lead the series vs. the Astros 13-4.
Nate Freiman is six-foot-eight. Jose Altuve is five-foot-five. The picture says it all.
Also worth noting: The Astros released Freiman and the A’s claimed him. He is 11 for 26 (.423) with three doubles, three home runs and 11 RBI in 10 games against Houston.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kevin Durant shows his MVP self in Warriors' Game 3 win vs. Clippers
- Even in victory, Warriors still in search of something that's eluded them
- Kevin Durant goes off for 38 points in Warriors' Game 3 win vs. Clippers
- Sharks escape elimination with dominant Game 5 win over Golden Knights
- Sharks keep emotions in check, season alive in Game 5 win vs. Vegas
- Missing Teen Feared Drowned in Half Moon Bay
- Shot of the Game: Kevin Durant makes ridiculous and-one vs. Clippers
- Warriors had 'a pretty good formula' in runaway win over Clippers in Game 3
- Molting Elephant Seal Draws Spectators at SF Aquatic Park
- Warriors Start, Finish Strong to Take Game 3 Over Clippers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|