Sep 6, 2013, 8:58 PM PDT
This picture is worth a thousand words about the A’s and Astros this season. We’ll keep it much shorter than that, though.
The Oakland Athletics are the defending American League West champs. The Houston Astros are AL West newcomers. The A’s are fighting for another division crown. The Astros are fighting to finish the season. The A’s have won 81 games. The Astros have won 47. The A’s lead the series vs. the Astros 13-4.
Nate Freiman is six-foot-eight. Jose Altuve is five-foot-five. The picture says it all.
Also worth noting: The Astros released Freiman and the A’s claimed him. He is 11 for 26 (.423) with three doubles, three home runs and 11 RBI in 10 games against Houston.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- A's Dave Kaval responds to Mark Davis remarks, fees bad for Raiders fans
- Brandon Belt, Kevin Pillar provide offense as Logan Webb wins Giants' debut
- NBC Bay Area and Telemundo 48 Team Up to Clear the Shelters
- Giants prospect Jaylin Davis has six homers in last three MILB games
- Harrison Barnes all smiles as last Kings player on Team USA roster
- 'Tough mentality' early helps Giants' Logan Webb earn win in MLB debut
- Man Arrested in Assault, Robbery of Tanforan Mall Employee
- Brandon Belt drives in six as Giants beat D-backs in Logan Webb's debut
- Drive of the Game: Brandon Belt's grand slam gives Giants 4-2 lead
- Chris Wondolowski scores early, but Earthquakes fall to Sporting KC
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|