Sep 10, 2013, 10:24 AM PDT
The marquee matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks on Sunday Night Football could be dubbed “The Brow Bowl.”
Apparently, much more than a 2-0 record and pride is on the line when these two NFC West rivals square off this weekend. During the filming of Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick’s EA Sports Madden 25 commercial, the young quarterbacks made a bet that the loser would have to shave off an eyebrow. Here’s the video proof.
In the video Wilson proposes the bet and Kaepernick responds by saying “All right, I hope you don’t like your eyebrow,” as the they shake hands.
Representatives from EA Sports joked that resident “Rating Czar” Donny Moore will be trying to figure out if the loss of an eyebrow affects a players’ toughness rating.
Which star QB has the most to lose? They both appear to be even in the eyebrow category.
The video itself is shot in the same setting of the original commercial. It is unclear if these guys are taking the wager seriously. There has to be a less than 10 percent chance that one of these guys actually does it, right? On the other hand, they did shake on it. You can’t go back on a gentleman’s wager after a handshake. It’s man code.
Here are some eyebrow raising links for the day.
Field of Links:
– Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan walks into a bar and buys everyone a round. Why didn’t he ever do this in Oakland?
– The Miami Dolphins cheerleaders remade the video for Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines.” Amazing, but not quite as good as their Call Me Maybe parody. (Both are equally as good without audio)
– Don’t believe everything you see on the internet. Jimmy Kimmel made a fool out of numerous media outlets with this fake video of a twerking girl getting set on fire. Hilarious.
– Note to business owners: Don’t use the tragic events of 9/11 as a promotional event
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Seahawks executive McCloughan will resign
- Stars rally past Ducks, even series at two games apiece
- Bay Area NFL nostalgia freaks, you get Alex Smith -- twice
- Rewind: Giants use long ball to salvage a win in Colorado
- A’s, Coliseum Authority trapped in the same car
- 2014 schedule: 49ers will host Seahawks Thanksgiving night
- Instant Replay: Sanchez slams Giants to victory
- Sharks notes: Niemi pays little attention to OT success
- Sources: 49ers will open 2014 season at Dallas
- Sharks CHAT with Insider Kevin Kurz -- 2 p.m. (4.24.14)
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|cinderellafellajoe on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|