Sep 10, 2013, 1:08 PM PDT
There were thousands of little Elvi‘ at AT&T Park on Monday night for Elvis Presley tribute night. The Giants gave away bobbleheads and posters to a select number of fans in attendance. The game was announced as a sellout, but it looked like there were plenty of low-traffic places in the crowd to avoid getting your blue suede shoes stepped on.
The special event featured pregame and in-game Elvis-themed entertainment, many people in Elvis costumes, and an opportunity to win prizes. The event helped raised money for the The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation.
An Elvis giveaway event seems pretty random. The King of Rock spent his time in Graceland not San Francisco, but according to the Giants, Presley may have been a fan of the club. Why else would he have baseballs signed by Willie Mays and Willie McCovey?
The Giants left the building when Brandon Belt sent the fans in attendance home happy with a walk-off hit in the 10th inning. You can see why it was a fitting ending to the game here.
There were plenty of “hunks” of burning love at the ballpark on Monday. Here are some of the highlights (and lowlights).
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Livingston on Kerr: 'He’s our leader ... somebody that we count on'
- New Raiders RB Hood modeled game after Marshawn, wants to learn from Lynch
- Lynch: TE McDonald to return to 49ers after being on trade block
- Lynch: 49ers expected to pick up Ward's fifth-year option
- A's Notes: Date for Sonny Gray's first start of season set
- Raiders select DT Treyvon Hester in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Raiders select RB Elijah Hood in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Cal Fire Rescues Man Who Fell Into Gilroy Well
- Giants lineup: Nunez in right field against Padres
- People's Climate March Draws Hundreds Across Bay Area
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|