Sep 10, 2013, 1:08 PM PST
There were thousands of little Elvi‘ at AT&T Park on Monday night for Elvis Presley tribute night. The Giants gave away bobbleheads and posters to a select number of fans in attendance. The game was announced as a sellout, but it looked like there were plenty of low-traffic places in the crowd to avoid getting your blue suede shoes stepped on.
The special event featured pregame and in-game Elvis-themed entertainment, many people in Elvis costumes, and an opportunity to win prizes. The event helped raised money for the The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation.
An Elvis giveaway event seems pretty random. The King of Rock spent his time in Graceland not San Francisco, but according to the Giants, Presley may have been a fan of the club. Why else would he have baseballs signed by Willie Mays and Willie McCovey?
The Giants left the building when Brandon Belt sent the fans in attendance home happy with a walk-off hit in the 10th inning. You can see why it was a fitting ending to the game here.
There were plenty of “hunks” of burning love at the ballpark on Monday. Here are some of the highlights (and lowlights).
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- Kings trio puts on a show at 2019 NBA Rising Stars Challenge in Charlotte
- Records Challenge Nebraska's Account of Washington Case
- Why Colin Kaepernick's NFL settlement doesn't mean he'll rejoin league
- 75-Year-Old Woman Miraculously Survives Sausalito Landslide
- Klay Thompson volunteers his time to kick off All-Star Weekend in Charlotte
- Get primed for the NBA 3-point shooting contest featuring Curry vs. Curry
- UPS Driver Praised for Purposely Driving Slow During Pursuit
- Bat Found at Southland Mall Tests Positive for Rabies
- Oakland Teachers May Strike Next Week
- Steph Curry sits down for exclusive interview from NBA All-Star Weekend
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|