Sep 10, 2013, 1:08 PM PDT
There were thousands of little Elvi‘ at AT&T Park on Monday night for Elvis Presley tribute night. The Giants gave away bobbleheads and posters to a select number of fans in attendance. The game was announced as a sellout, but it looked like there were plenty of low-traffic places in the crowd to avoid getting your blue suede shoes stepped on.
The special event featured pregame and in-game Elvis-themed entertainment, many people in Elvis costumes, and an opportunity to win prizes. The event helped raised money for the The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation.
An Elvis giveaway event seems pretty random. The King of Rock spent his time in Graceland not San Francisco, but according to the Giants, Presley may have been a fan of the club. Why else would he have baseballs signed by Willie Mays and Willie McCovey?
The Giants left the building when Brandon Belt sent the fans in attendance home happy with a walk-off hit in the 10th inning. You can see why it was a fitting ending to the game here.
There were plenty of “hunks” of burning love at the ballpark on Monday. Here are some of the highlights (and lowlights).
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Overturned Tanker Truck on Hwy. 101 in San Martin
- Draymond Green returning to Warriors with aching finger, heavy heart
- Steph Curry takes jab at Michael Jordan for Hall of Fame comment
- HEADSTRONG: Charles Haley opens up on his bipolar disease, mental illness
- Bay Area rapper E-40 drops 49ers-themed song before game vs. Seahawks
- Raiders fans can dare to dream of Jon Gruden leading team to playoffs
- Former 49ers great Charles Haley tackles mental illness in HEADSTRONG
- Rebirth, Angst and the 'New Normal' of California Wildfires
- NFL Draft 2020: Where 49ers, Raiders would pick if season ended today
- San Quinn, Young Sight get you hyped for 49ers-Seahawks prime-time clash
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|