Sep 11, 2013, 4:15 PM PST
The Brow Bowl between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks is nothing more than bravado.
It appears Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson’s eyebrow-shaving wager is merely a publicity stunt. The 49ers quarterback met with the media on Wednesday and downplayed the possibility that he’d buzz off a brow if his team lost on Sunday.
“I’m going to let you ask (Russell Wilson) about that one,” said Kaepernick with a smile.
The wager between Kaepernick and Wilson garnered national attention after a new commercial for Madden 25 was released to the media.
In the video, Wilson proposes the bet and Kaepernick responds by saying “All right, I hope you don’t like your eyebrow,” as the they shake hands. Wilson and Kaepernick star in a lengthier spot for the popular video game franchise and appear to have become close buddies based on the ad campaign.
As it turns out, that’s not exactly true either.
When asked his relationship with Wilson, the 49ers’ quarterback said they only spent one together during filming and that’s it. Kaepernick wasn’t sure whose idea the seemingly staged wager was.
The wager was on the radar of 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, but he chose not to offer an opinion on the matter.
“Just heard about that on Matt Maiocco’s show,” Harbaugh said. “I don’t have one. I didn’t have one when I heard it on Matt’s show. It’s irrelevant to me, in terms of the game.”
He may not be interested, but football coaches will do anything to draw motivation from their players. The 49ers are likely plenty amped up about facing their toughest division opponent on the road, but keeping Kap’s brows intact was clearly a topic of discussion at some point inside the locker room.
It would have been fun to see one of the young quarterbacks lose an eyebrow, but right now, it looks it would take a lot of browbeating before that would ever happen.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- Terrell Owens' wife reportedly wants out after two-week marriage
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Motorist OK After Slamming Into Train in San Leandro
- UC Berkeley Professor Warns of Killer Robots in Viral Video
- Timeline of Kate Steinle Murder Trial
- Kate Steinle Trial: No Verdict After Day 2 of Deliberations
- Ex-Students Discuss Alleged Misconduct at Presentation High
- Gameday: Bring on Lonzo Ball vs De'Aaron Fox in the NBA
- Basketball junkie Vince Carter ecstatic to return from bout with kidney stones
- Teen Fetching Ball in SF Stabbed by Man With Scissors: PD
- Who 49ers start at quarterback is the last thing on Pete Carroll's mind
- Escaped Inmate Captured in Stockton, Other Still At Large
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|