Sep 11, 2013, 4:15 PM PST
The Brow Bowl between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks is nothing more than bravado.
It appears Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson’s eyebrow-shaving wager is merely a publicity stunt. The 49ers quarterback met with the media on Wednesday and downplayed the possibility that he’d buzz off a brow if his team lost on Sunday.
“I’m going to let you ask (Russell Wilson) about that one,” said Kaepernick with a smile.
The wager between Kaepernick and Wilson garnered national attention after a new commercial for Madden 25 was released to the media.
In the video, Wilson proposes the bet and Kaepernick responds by saying “All right, I hope you don’t like your eyebrow,” as the they shake hands. Wilson and Kaepernick star in a lengthier spot for the popular video game franchise and appear to have become close buddies based on the ad campaign.
As it turns out, that’s not exactly true either.
When asked his relationship with Wilson, the 49ers’ quarterback said they only spent one together during filming and that’s it. Kaepernick wasn’t sure whose idea the seemingly staged wager was.
The wager was on the radar of 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, but he chose not to offer an opinion on the matter.
“Just heard about that on Matt Maiocco’s show,” Harbaugh said. “I don’t have one. I didn’t have one when I heard it on Matt’s show. It’s irrelevant to me, in terms of the game.”
He may not be interested, but football coaches will do anything to draw motivation from their players. The 49ers are likely plenty amped up about facing their toughest division opponent on the road, but keeping Kap’s brows intact was clearly a topic of discussion at some point inside the locker room.
It would have been fun to see one of the young quarterbacks lose an eyebrow, but right now, it looks it would take a lot of browbeating before that would ever happen.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|