Sep 11, 2013, 2:49 PM PDT
The Pittsburgh Pirates have completed a sweep of the Texas Rangers with a 7-5 victory. Since August 24, the Rangers have plummeted six games in the A.L. West standings.
The Rangers are on a three-game losing streak and have lose nine of the last 11 games. They take on the division-leading Oakland Athletics on Friday. With 17 games left to play, the A’s could put a serious dent in the Rangers’ playoffs hopes.
The A’s couldn’t be taking on Texas at a better time. The Rangers have a 2-9 record in September, which is tied for the worst mark in the Major Leagues.
Rangers starting pitcher Matt Garza gave up three runs in four innings of work, and left the game after 89 pitches. He struck out six batters and walked four. In the fourth inning, Garza walked Clint Barmes with the bases loaded.
Tonight’s A’s and Twins coverage begins at 4:30 p.m. on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. Here’s the A’s lineup for that contest.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Matt Cain to match up to $50k in donations for Make-A-Wish
- Iguodala, Curry name-dropped in Kevin Hart rap video
- Ever wonder how the Giants chalk their infield?
- Why a Steelers 2-time Super Bowl champ was in Oakland fighting diabetes
- Zay Jones pushing hard to learn Raiders offense, make instant impact
- Gov. Newsom to Ask PG&E to Provide 'Automatic Credit' to Those Affected by Outages
- George Kittle knows why Jimmy Garoppolo threw five picks vs. 49ers defense
- Warriors vs. Lakers live stream: How to watch NBA preseason game online
- 49ers' George Kittle, Joe Staley know how handsome Jimmy Garoppolo is
- Jerry Rice believes 49ers could play in Super Bowl after 5-0 start
- Napa Man Wins Weigh-Off With 2,175-Pound Pumpkin
- Patrick Marleau thanks Sharks fans for warm welcome back to San Jose
- Source: Giants interested in Cubs' Will Venable for managerial opening
- Steve Kerr jabs Warriors over lack of rebounding during preseason play
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|