Sep 12, 2013, 11:24 AM PDT
Seattle’s Finest will be donning 49ers jerseys on Sunday. No, it’s not a renegade showing of support for San Francisco’s football team, it’s merely a law enforcement tactic.
Police officers at CenturyLink Field will be undercover posing as 49ers fans in an effort to make sure the “12th man” isn’t being too hostile during the intense rivalry game.
The Seahawks and 49ers will be competing in the marquee matchup of the week, as they are featured on Sunday Night Football. A night game means there will be plenty of time to tailgate and throw back beverages.
The verbal sparring has already begun between the players on both teams, which is a sign that it will be pretty rowdy in the crowd as well.
The law-enforcement tactic being used by the Seattle police is not an uncommon one in NFL cities. San Francisco police officers often go to Candlestick Park wearing the jerseys of opposing teams in order to spot troublemakers.
The Seahawks currently have some of the loudest and most loyal fans in the NFL. With that in mind, the franchise takes fan behavior seriously. Those who violate the Seahawks fan code of conduct will have to complete an online educational course before they will be allowed back into the stadium and in some extreme cases of bad behavior, Seahawks season tickets may be revoked.
It’s widely known that bad decisions are often made after a few adult beverages, but the Seattle Police Department hopes Seahawks fans will think twice before talking crap to a guy wearing a Kap jersey.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks can quickly move on from Torres distraction
- Louisville campus police reviewing escort allegations
- Harden: Not knocking Steph, but 'I deserved the MVP' last year
- 49ers acquire Hodges from Vikings
- NFL will look at multiple relocation areas when owners meet
- Cosell: Kap 'difficult to watch,' 49ers QB 'seeing ghosts'
- River Cats unveil all-new Sactown alternate uniforms
- Matt Maiocco's 49ers CHAT transcript (10.6.15)
- Analysis: Kap's future with 49ers beyond '15 in serious doubt?
- Rookies Donskoi, DeMelo earn spots on Sharks' roster
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|