Sep 13, 2013, 5:50 PM PDT
It doesn’t matter if it’s a single, a walk, or a hit by pitch, when the runner gets to first base he can almost always be seen talking to the opposing team’s first baseman. The conversations usually carry on until the runner breaks for second. At times, the runner gets stranded there and a lot of chatting is caught by the TV cameras.
Are MLB first basemen simply trying to distract the runners? Are they talking smack? Arguing about ex-girlfriends? Trading fantasy baseball tips? What could they possibly be talking about? To find the answer, we sought out one of the most talkative first basemen in Major League Baseball, Brandon Moss, and used A’s rookie first baseman Nate Freiman as a second source (Giants first baseman Brandon Belt respectfully declined to offer his opinion).
Have you ever wondered something about Bay Area Sports? Send us a message and we’ll get you the answer.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Raiders fans can dare to dream about Jon Gruden leading team to the postseason
- Rebirth, Angst and the 'New Normal' of California Wildfires
- NFL Draft 2020: Where 49ers, Raiders would pick if season ended today
- San Quinn, Young Sight get you hyped for 49ers-Seahawks prime-time clash
- AFC playoff picture: Raiders on Chiefs' heels heading into Week 11
- Police Seek Suspects Involved in Chinatown Violent Attack
- MLB rumors: A's in talks with Stephen Vogt's agent during free agency
- 49ers' Ben Garland sees worlds intersect with football on Veterans Day
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo, George Kittle among top-selling NFL jerseys
- Steph Curry's promise to Warriors fans came exactly 10 years ago today
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|