Sep 13, 2013, 5:50 PM PDT
It doesn’t matter if it’s a single, a walk, or a hit by pitch, when the runner gets to first base he can almost always be seen talking to the opposing team’s first baseman. The conversations usually carry on until the runner breaks for second. At times, the runner gets stranded there and a lot of chatting is caught by the TV cameras.
Are MLB first basemen simply trying to distract the runners? Are they talking smack? Arguing about ex-girlfriends? Trading fantasy baseball tips? What could they possibly be talking about? To find the answer, we sought out one of the most talkative first basemen in Major League Baseball, Brandon Moss, and used A’s rookie first baseman Nate Freiman as a second source (Giants first baseman Brandon Belt respectfully declined to offer his opinion).
Have you ever wondered something about Bay Area Sports? Send us a message and we’ll get you the answer.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Sharks Pregame Live
- Madson focused on his pitching, not his role in A's bullpen
- Cueto toys with young prospect in Giants minor league game
- Barricaded Man in Santa Clara Surrenders to Police
- San Jose Police Investigate Suspicious Death Near School
- Kerr expects minutes restriction when Durant first comes back to Warriors
- Steph Curry signs autographs for Jr. Road Warriors
- Steve Kerr congratulates Mission High for state basketball championship
- All In: Mayor Schaaf Pleads for Raiders to Stay in Oakland
- Kerr, Warriors in preliminary stages of planning for Durant's return
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|