Sep 13, 2013, 5:50 PM PDT
It doesn’t matter if it’s a single, a walk, or a hit by pitch, when the runner gets to first base he can almost always be seen talking to the opposing team’s first baseman. The conversations usually carry on until the runner breaks for second. At times, the runner gets stranded there and a lot of chatting is caught by the TV cameras.
Are MLB first basemen simply trying to distract the runners? Are they talking smack? Arguing about ex-girlfriends? Trading fantasy baseball tips? What could they possibly be talking about? To find the answer, we sought out one of the most talkative first basemen in Major League Baseball, Brandon Moss, and used A’s rookie first baseman Nate Freiman as a second source (Giants first baseman Brandon Belt respectfully declined to offer his opinion).
Have you ever wondered something about Bay Area Sports? Send us a message and we’ll get you the answer.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Throwback Thursday: The 2002 All-Star Game tie debacle
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|