Sep 13, 2013, 5:50 PM PST
It doesn’t matter if it’s a single, a walk, or a hit by pitch, when the runner gets to first base he can almost always be seen talking to the opposing team’s first baseman. The conversations usually carry on until the runner breaks for second. At times, the runner gets stranded there and a lot of chatting is caught by the TV cameras.
Are MLB first basemen simply trying to distract the runners? Are they talking smack? Arguing about ex-girlfriends? Trading fantasy baseball tips? What could they possibly be talking about? To find the answer, we sought out one of the most talkative first basemen in Major League Baseball, Brandon Moss, and used A’s rookie first baseman Nate Freiman as a second source (Giants first baseman Brandon Belt respectfully declined to offer his opinion).
Have you ever wondered something about Bay Area Sports? Send us a message and we’ll get you the answer.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Warriors-Kings battle for NorCal now comes with very real consequences
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- How Sharks' defense is making progress, helping produce string of wins
- Raiders must use 2019 NFL draft, free agency to overhaul WR corps
- Stephen Curry lauds De'Aaron Fox's progress, shares what greatness takes
- Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely by NFL
- Jon Gruden trolls Stephen A. Smith, says Raiders need Tim Brown vs. Bengals
- Sources: Giants interested in Kevin Pillar trade with Blue Jays
- Raiders-Bengals injury report: Kelechi Osemele out, Gabe Jackson questionable
- California Moves to Eliminate Fossil Fuels From Its Bus Fleet
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|