Sep 16, 2013, 12:49 PM PDT
The only heavy metal allowed inside the Oakland Coliseum will be blaring through the speakers when the A’s headbanging relievers take the mound.
Starting Thursday, the Oakland Athletics will be implementing airport-style metal detectors at the gates of the Oakland Coliseum. Fans will have to empty their pockets and pass through the detectors to gain entry to the stadium. The new rules will continue through the postseason and for every game going forward.
In a release from the A’s, it is explained that the changes to security are in line with new Major League Baseball guidelines. There’s no specific security threat that led to the changes. The metal detectors are already on site, as they are used when the Oakland Raiders and Golden State Warriors play.
It is recommended that fans show up early to avoid any complications as the new process gets underway. On Thursday, gates will open at 5:35 p.m., they open at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, and 11:05 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
Upon hearing the news on Twitter, fans had mixed reactions to the new security procedures.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Find out how much a 'Kimye' style proposal at AT&T Park costs
- Field of Links: Kings' Isaiah Thomas will deliver pizza to your home
- Throwback Thursday: Roseanne's wretched anthem performance
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Police Activity Outside CVS Store in Concord
- Diamondbacks blow out A’s on Star Wars night
- Corbin dominates, A's can't contain D'Backs in series opener
- LeBron, Cavs force Game 7 in East Finals vs Celtics
- PG&E Legal Claims Cast Fire Blame on North Bay Counties
- Canha gets the A's on the board with solo shot
- 'Hissing' Doctor Sells Controversial Medical Remedy
- Get hyped for Game 6 of Rockets-Warriors
- Man Wanted for Ramming Police Cars Captured in South Bay
- All EB I-80 Lanes Near Carquinez Bridge Opened After Crashes
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|