Sep 16, 2013, 12:49 PM PDT
The only heavy metal allowed inside the Oakland Coliseum will be blaring through the speakers when the A’s headbanging relievers take the mound.
Starting Thursday, the Oakland Athletics will be implementing airport-style metal detectors at the gates of the Oakland Coliseum. Fans will have to empty their pockets and pass through the detectors to gain entry to the stadium. The new rules will continue through the postseason and for every game going forward.
In a release from the A’s, it is explained that the changes to security are in line with new Major League Baseball guidelines. There’s no specific security threat that led to the changes. The metal detectors are already on site, as they are used when the Oakland Raiders and Golden State Warriors play.
It is recommended that fans show up early to avoid any complications as the new process gets underway. On Thursday, gates will open at 5:35 p.m., they open at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, and 11:05 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
Upon hearing the news on Twitter, fans had mixed reactions to the new security procedures.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Body Parts Found in Hayward May Belong to Missing SF Man
- New Details Emerge in Case of Missing SF Uber Driver
- Giants lineup: Hernandez in, Slater out
- Earthquakes players react to Kinnear's firing, Leitch's promotion
- Fireworks Enforcement Ramps Up for Fourth of July
- Vogt has that 'rejuvenation feeling' going from A's to first-place Brewers
- Tierney, Sorensen among players qualified by Sharks
- With Duffy's uncertain health, Rays reportedly trade for another shortstop
- Facebook May Be Creating Original TV Shows: Report
- Earthquakes GM defends firing coach: 'I think this team can achieve more'
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|