Sep 16, 2013, 4:01 PM PDT
Sales of the San Francisco 49ers’ no. 7 jersey have dropped to 10th in the NFL. According to Dick’s Sporting Goods and their jersey report, Colin Kaepernick’s jersey accounts for two percent of all jersey sales at their national sporting goods chain after the second week of the NFL season.
As recently as September 2, Kaepernick’s jersey accounted for four percent of the NFL jerseys sold, which ranked ninth on the list.
Here are the most popular players in the league ranked by total jerseys sold over the past week.
Top 10 NFL Jersey sales: (Dicks Sporting Goods)
1. Robert Griffin III, WAS
2. Andrew Luck, IND
3. Peyton Manning, DEN
4. LeSean McCoy, PHI
5. Eli Manning, NYG
6. Ray Rice, BAL
7. Joe Flacco, BAL
8. Victor Cruz, NYG
9. Tom Brady, NE
10. Colin Kaepernick, SF
There are some interesting trends in the data. In the past week, more than 40 percent of all NFL jerseys sold bear the name of a quarterback. Robert Griffin III outsold 29 other teams as a whole and has been the most popular players since the end of the 2012 season.
Here’s how Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers jersey sales stack up against each other over the past 30 days. For what it’s worth, neither team ranks in the top 10 in total sales. The Raiders are the 28th most popular team by jersey sales and Darren McFadden has the highest selling jersey on the team.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Oakland Considers Near $1M Payment For Teen in Sex Scandal
- Ex-Soccer Coach Arrested on Suspicion of Molesting Girl, 11
- Watch: Baby Zebra Runs Around in Hearst Castle
- Warriors, Cavs to square off in ultimate NBA Finals trilogy
- Wildlife Workers Save Pelican With CPR-Like Procedure
- More Legal Maneuvering in Mavericks Surf Saga
- Ex-UCSF Doctor Pleads Not Guilty in Bogus Prescriptions Case
- 4-Alarm Fire Prompts Evacuations in Downtown Stockton
- The Happy Hour: 'Very good idea' to legalize extended sports gambling
- Family Seeks Closure, Answers in Case of Missing Teen
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|