Sep 16, 2013, 4:01 PM PST
Sales of the San Francisco 49ers’ no. 7 jersey have dropped to 10th in the NFL. According to Dick’s Sporting Goods and their jersey report, Colin Kaepernick’s jersey accounts for two percent of all jersey sales at their national sporting goods chain after the second week of the NFL season.
As recently as September 2, Kaepernick’s jersey accounted for four percent of the NFL jerseys sold, which ranked ninth on the list.
Here are the most popular players in the league ranked by total jerseys sold over the past week.
Top 10 NFL Jersey sales: (Dicks Sporting Goods)
1. Robert Griffin III, WAS
2. Andrew Luck, IND
3. Peyton Manning, DEN
4. LeSean McCoy, PHI
5. Eli Manning, NYG
6. Ray Rice, BAL
7. Joe Flacco, BAL
8. Victor Cruz, NYG
9. Tom Brady, NE
10. Colin Kaepernick, SF
There are some interesting trends in the data. In the past week, more than 40 percent of all NFL jerseys sold bear the name of a quarterback. Robert Griffin III outsold 29 other teams as a whole and has been the most popular players since the end of the 2012 season.
Here’s how Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers jersey sales stack up against each other over the past 30 days. For what it’s worth, neither team ranks in the top 10 in total sales. The Raiders are the 28th most popular team by jersey sales and Darren McFadden has the highest selling jersey on the team.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|