Sep 16, 2013, 9:16 PM PST
The magic number for the Oakland Athletics to clinch the American League West is down to seven, after the Texas Rangers lost to the Tampa Bay Rays 6-2 on Monday. The Rangers have now lost seven games in a row and trail the A’s by 6.5 games.
The A’s lost to the Angels 12-1 on Monday night. Any combination of A’s wins and Rangers losses drop the magic number.
To clinch at least a Wild Card berth, the A’s magic number is six.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- CHP Motorcycle Cop Hurt, Driver Arrested After Hwy. 4 Wreck
- Parents Concerned by Student's Death at Dublin School
- WATCH: Sharks vs Coyotes
- Fire Crews Respond to Two-Alarm Structure Fire in SF
- Where the Kings veterans stand heading into trade season
- Hawaii Psychiatric Hospital Escapee to Stay in Jail
- California Bullet Train Price Tag Climbs by $2.8 Billion
- The Giants Insider Podcast: Breaking down the McCutchen trade
- Burger Fans, Rejoice! Shake Shack is Heading to the Bay Area
- DeRozan fined by NBA for comments made after Raptors' loss to Warriors
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|