Sep 17, 2013, 10:36 PM PST
The Oakland Athletics defeated the Los Angeles Angels 2-1 on Wednesday night, to drop their magic number to clinch the American League West to six. The A’s won in walk-off fashion after a bases-loaded hit by Josh Donaldson with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning.
The Texas Rangers snapped their seven-game losing streak with a 7-1 victory in Tampa Bay. Any combination of A’s wins or Rangers losses lowers the number.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Gameday: Two Warriors All-Stars out for Friday's game vs Bulls
- NASL-champion San Francisco Deltas fold after one season
- Offseason can be tense on other side of Giancarlo Stanton rumors
- The Kings Insider Podcast: Kosta Koufos
- Sharks have tall task avoiding holiday hangover in Vegas
- 16-Year-Old Girl Dead Following Crash Near Livermore: CHP
- S*%! Warriors fans say
- Kaepernick Joins Indigenous People's Sunrise Event in SF
- Trump playing 'quickly' with Tiger, DJ
- Japan Mayor to Cut Sister City Ties With SF Over Statue
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|