Sep 17, 2013, 10:36 PM PST
The Oakland Athletics defeated the Los Angeles Angels 2-1 on Wednesday night, to drop their magic number to clinch the American League West to six. The A’s won in walk-off fashion after a bases-loaded hit by Josh Donaldson with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning.
The Texas Rangers snapped their seven-game losing streak with a 7-1 victory in Tampa Bay. Any combination of A’s wins or Rangers losses lowers the number.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks trade reigning AHL goalie of the year for late pick
- Bumgarner ready if Giants want to take advantage of early schedule
- ICE Officials Reportedly Spotted in Napa: Witnesses
- Hwy. 1 Reopens Near San Gregorio State Beach
- California Democratic Party Isn't Backing Dianne Feinstein
- Martin Jones' biggest strength lately? Stopping the Wild's
- Menlo Park PD Searching for Man Who Reportedly Fired Rifle
- Watch: Thomas nearly makes ace ... off rock wall
- Watch: Tiger's drive startles strolling duck
- Watch: Tiger's Sunday birdies at the Honda
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|