Sep 17, 2013, 10:36 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics defeated the Los Angeles Angels 2-1 on Wednesday night, to drop their magic number to clinch the American League West to six. The A’s won in walk-off fashion after a bases-loaded hit by Josh Donaldson with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning.
The Texas Rangers snapped their seven-game losing streak with a 7-1 victory in Tampa Bay. Any combination of A’s wins or Rangers losses lowers the number.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 29-Year-Old Man Indicted in Killing of Rapper Nipsey Hussle
- Chappelle, Bell Rally to Help #SaveThePunchLine Comedy Club
- Police to Return Property Seized From San Francisco Reporter
- California Sues Over Rule on Denial of Abortions, Other Care
- California Senate OKs Special Banks for Marijuana Retailers
- Sharks vs. Blues live stream: How to watch NHL playoffs Game 6 online
- Yosemite Gets Ready for Busy Memorial Day Weekend
- Raiders' Arden Key 'working at' at being 'more complete' ahead of 2019
- WATCH: A's vs. Indians
- 49ers hit by injuries during offseason program, 18 players missing time
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|