Sep 17, 2013, 2:11 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are lifting the tarps from the view level sections of the Oakland Coliseum for the playoffs. Postseason tickets went on sale Tuesday, and a team spokesperson tells CSN California the third deck will be open for business.
The area of the stadium over the Eastside Club dubbed “Mt. Davis” will remain covered during the playoff games.
Tickets are still available, but the team’s marketing people say they are going fast. The tarps are expected to remain off for the duration of the postseason.
Last season, the A’s chose to leave the tarps on for the American League Division Series, but said they would remove them if the team advanced to the American League Championship Series.
New Capacity: 48,146
View level seats recently opened for postseason: 12,000.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Instant Replay: Sharks open preseason with OT win
- Wild Card Watch: Diaz's emotional grand slam lifts Cards past Reds
- Report: Texans' Watt re-injures back, season up in the air
- Wild Card Watch: Bruce, Cespedes go deep, Mets beat Marlins
- Giants honor Jose Fernandez, hang jersey in dugout
- A's lineup: Vogt back in the squat, hitting second vs Angels
- Giants lineup: Gillaspie at third with injured Nunez out
- Kaepernick: 'Let's make America great for the first time'
- Kaepernick responds to Kelly's claim: 'Always ready to play'
- Here's to rooting for the Marlins to make the playoffs
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|