Sep 18, 2013, 12:38 PM PST
After making the catch of a lifetime, the Great Glove Granny is going national.
Santa Rosa resident Virginia Smith captured the attention of the Bay Area when she made a slick catch that was caught by Comcast SportsNet’s cameras at a Giants game on September 10. Since then, Smith, a 78-year-old great grandmother, has been featured on Giants Postgame Live, all over the internet, and on Wednesday, she appeared as a guest on NBC’s nationally televised talk show “Bethenny.”
Smith had the glove and ball with her when she appeared on the show. Bethenny, the show’s host, surprised Smith with World Series tickets during the segment. It’s too bad she won’t be able to watch her Giants in the Fall Classic.
The video for the segment isn’t online yet, but you can watch Smith’s interview with Greg Papa that took place shortly after she made the catch while we track down the clip.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kings trio puts on a show at 2019 NBA Rising Stars Challenge in Charlotte
- Records Challenge Nebraska's Account of Washington Case
- Why Colin Kaepernick's NFL settlement doesn't mean he'll rejoin league
- 75-Year-Old Woman Miraculously Survives Sausalito Landslide
- Klay Thompson volunteers his time to kick off All-Star Weekend in Charlotte
- Get primed for the NBA 3-point shooting contest featuring Curry vs. Curry
- UPS Driver Praised for Purposely Driving Slow During Pursuit
- Bat Found at Southland Mall Tests Positive for Rabies
- Oakland Teachers May Strike Next Week
- Steph Curry sits down for exclusive interview from NBA All-Star Weekend
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|