Sep 18, 2013, 12:38 PM PDT
After making the catch of a lifetime, the Great Glove Granny is going national.
Santa Rosa resident Virginia Smith captured the attention of the Bay Area when she made a slick catch that was caught by Comcast SportsNet’s cameras at a Giants game on September 10. Since then, Smith, a 78-year-old great grandmother, has been featured on Giants Postgame Live, all over the internet, and on Wednesday, she appeared as a guest on NBC’s nationally televised talk show “Bethenny.”
Smith had the glove and ball with her when she appeared on the show. Bethenny, the show’s host, surprised Smith with World Series tickets during the segment. It’s too bad she won’t be able to watch her Giants in the Fall Classic.
The video for the segment isn’t online yet, but you can watch Smith’s interview with Greg Papa that took place shortly after she made the catch while we track down the clip.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Ever wonder what it's like to run in the A's Hall of Fame Race?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Klay goes off and gets loud in Game 6 win
- Madison Bumgarner breaks down his dominant rehab start
- Warriors force Game 7 as Finals berth slips through Rockets' grasp
- Warriors propel past Rockets in second half to stay alive
- Warriors earn five A's and a B in do-or-die Game 6
- Bumgarner makes the most of rehab start in Sacramento
- In every way possible, Warriors-Rockets has been the emotional roller coaster we needed
- Durant, Steph give hilarious answer on Klay vs OKC in 2016 playoffs
- The lesson Klay Thompson learned to become a clutch performer
- Madison Bumgarner's rehab start couldn't have gone any better
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|