Sep 18, 2013, 1:54 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics currently have the second-best record in the Major Leagues. Their magic number to clinch a playoff berth is six, and they have a 6.5 game lead over the Texas Rangers in the American League West.
At this point, a trip to the postseason is all but locked up. The A’s lead the American League with a .301 opponents on-base percentage and rank second with a 3.60 ERA. They also lead Major League Baseball with 71 home runs since the All-Star Break.
Their 89-62 record and stats mean they are on of the best teams in baseball. But what do the oddsmakers think of their chances to win it all? Bovada’s people have crunched the numbers and here are the latest odds for the World Series contenders.
Odds to win the 2013 World Series
Los Angeles Dodgers 15/4
Boston Red Sox 9/2
Detroit Tigers 5/1
Atlanta Braves 8/1
Oakland Athletics 9/1
St. Louis Cardinals 10/1
Pittsburgh Pirates 11/1
Cincinnati Reds 14/1
Cleveland Indians 20/1
Tampa Bay Rays 20/1
Texas Rangers 20/1
They give the A’s the fifth-best odds to win it all. Of course, these odds are just very educated guesses by sports handicappers. They are fun to look at but don’t mean anything on the playing field.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- A's Dave Kaval responds to Mark Davis remarks, fees bad for Raiders fans
- Brandon Belt, Kevin Pillar provide offense as Logan Webb wins Giants' debut
- NBC Bay Area and Telemundo 48 Team Up to Clear the Shelters
- Giants prospect Jaylin Davis has six homers in last three MILB games
- Harrison Barnes all smiles as last Kings player on Team USA roster
- 'Tough mentality' early helps Giants' Logan Webb earn win in MLB debut
- Man Arrested in Assault, Robbery of Tanforan Mall Employee
- Brandon Belt drives in six as Giants beat D-backs in Logan Webb's debut
- Drive of the Game: Brandon Belt's grand slam gives Giants 4-2 lead
- Chris Wondolowski scores early, but Earthquakes fall to Sporting KC
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|