Sep 18, 2013, 1:54 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics currently have the second-best record in the Major Leagues. Their magic number to clinch a playoff berth is six, and they have a 6.5 game lead over the Texas Rangers in the American League West.
At this point, a trip to the postseason is all but locked up. The A’s lead the American League with a .301 opponents on-base percentage and rank second with a 3.60 ERA. They also lead Major League Baseball with 71 home runs since the All-Star Break.
Their 89-62 record and stats mean they are on of the best teams in baseball. But what do the oddsmakers think of their chances to win it all? Bovada’s people have crunched the numbers and here are the latest odds for the World Series contenders.
Odds to win the 2013 World Series
Los Angeles Dodgers 15/4
Boston Red Sox 9/2
Detroit Tigers 5/1
Atlanta Braves 8/1
Oakland Athletics 9/1
St. Louis Cardinals 10/1
Pittsburgh Pirates 11/1
Cincinnati Reds 14/1
Cleveland Indians 20/1
Tampa Bay Rays 20/1
Texas Rangers 20/1
They give the A’s the fifth-best odds to win it all. Of course, these odds are just very educated guesses by sports handicappers. They are fun to look at but don’t mean anything on the playing field.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Throwback Thursday: The 2002 All-Star Game tie debacle
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|