Sep 19, 2013, 9:51 AM PDT
The Oakland Coliseum metal detectors will make their baseball debut today. Add that to the list of non-baseball stories that have been oozing out of the ballpark in Oakland. Fans are encouraged to arrive early as the new security procedures get under way.
As wrong as the off-the-field stories are, it’s all right on the field for the A’s. Even after blowing a two-run lead in the ninth and eventually losing 5-4 to the Angels in extra innings, the A’s magic number to clinch the American League West still dropped to five. They have four games remaining on the final homestand, all against the lowly Minnesota Twins.
The magic number for a playoff berth of any kind for the A’s is four. It remains a possibility the team can hose the Oakland Coliseum off with champagne in front of the deserving fans that have been there all year. Now, that’s a story involving a mop that people actually want to hear about.
Time to mop up this post with your most clickable links of the day.
Field of Links:
— Both Bay Area closers blew a save on Wednesday. Luckily, that doesn’t happen much around these parts.
— Brick honoring Aaron Hernandez has been cemented over.
— This Fresh Prince goalie mask is, well, fresh.
— Football is totally safe, you guys. (Look for the guy flipping through the air at the top of the screen)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Berkeley Architect Fights Religious Oppression With Education: Teaches At Illegal, Underground University
- Man Suspected of Having Sex With Teen Boy in Novato: Police
- 49ers Pick Stanford DE Solomon Thomas in the First Round
- Raiders Take Ohio St. CB Gareon Conley in 1st Round of Draft
- Police in Standoff with Walnut Creek Homicide Suspect
- Teacher Accused of Taking Lewd Photos of Young Girls
- Raiders' first-round pick Conley opens up on emotions after off-field issues
- Drive of the Game: Alonso puts A's on the board with single vs Angels
- Graveman breaks down unreal double play, making progress on mound
- Melvin on Graveman double play: Best play manager has ever seen by pitcher
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|