Sep 19, 2013, 9:51 AM PDT
The Oakland Coliseum metal detectors will make their baseball debut today. Add that to the list of non-baseball stories that have been oozing out of the ballpark in Oakland. Fans are encouraged to arrive early as the new security procedures get under way.
As wrong as the off-the-field stories are, it’s all right on the field for the A’s. Even after blowing a two-run lead in the ninth and eventually losing 5-4 to the Angels in extra innings, the A’s magic number to clinch the American League West still dropped to five. They have four games remaining on the final homestand, all against the lowly Minnesota Twins.
The magic number for a playoff berth of any kind for the A’s is four. It remains a possibility the team can hose the Oakland Coliseum off with champagne in front of the deserving fans that have been there all year. Now, that’s a story involving a mop that people actually want to hear about.
Time to mop up this post with your most clickable links of the day.
Field of Links:
— Both Bay Area closers blew a save on Wednesday. Luckily, that doesn’t happen much around these parts.
— Brick honoring Aaron Hernandez has been cemented over.
— This Fresh Prince goalie mask is, well, fresh.
— Football is totally safe, you guys. (Look for the guy flipping through the air at the top of the screen)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Cooper: 'I can go nowhere but up,' wants improved play down the stretch
- Giants notes: Growing group of infielders trying to transition to outfield
- Never-Before-Seen Parts of Winchester Mystery House Unveiled
- One-time A's draft pick Aaron Judge now toast of New York
- Man Found Stabbed to Death in SF's Bernal Heights Park: PD
- Death Linked to Botulism Reported in Napa County
- Jury to Start Deliberating Thursday in Jail Guards' Trial
- Podcast: NBC's Tirico on Open, Olympics, Tiger and Coach Belichick
- U.S. Women's Open sectional qualifying results
- Another honor for Vaughn: First-team All-America
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|