Sep 19, 2013, 9:51 AM PDT
The Oakland Coliseum metal detectors will make their baseball debut today. Add that to the list of non-baseball stories that have been oozing out of the ballpark in Oakland. Fans are encouraged to arrive early as the new security procedures get under way.
As wrong as the off-the-field stories are, it’s all right on the field for the A’s. Even after blowing a two-run lead in the ninth and eventually losing 5-4 to the Angels in extra innings, the A’s magic number to clinch the American League West still dropped to five. They have four games remaining on the final homestand, all against the lowly Minnesota Twins.
The magic number for a playoff berth of any kind for the A’s is four. It remains a possibility the team can hose the Oakland Coliseum off with champagne in front of the deserving fans that have been there all year. Now, that’s a story involving a mop that people actually want to hear about.
Time to mop up this post with your most clickable links of the day.
Field of Links:
— Both Bay Area closers blew a save on Wednesday. Luckily, that doesn’t happen much around these parts.
— Brick honoring Aaron Hernandez has been cemented over.
— This Fresh Prince goalie mask is, well, fresh.
— Football is totally safe, you guys. (Look for the guy flipping through the air at the top of the screen)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bay Bridge Billboard Calls for President Trump's Impeachment
- Kerr asked about Damian Jones: 'The other thing that hurts all the centers...'
- 'Rally Against White Supremacy' Slated for Berkeley
- Norman targets Crabtree, Cooper in postgame rant after Raiders loss
- Steve Kerr: Warriors 'the most unselfish team around, but...'
- Three teams chasing Giants in tight race for first overall pick
- Niners Defense Loses a Standout in Carradine
- Raiders Offensive Line Has Rare Off Night
- Raiders snap count: Sean Smith the odd man out
- Collision in Oakland Injures 2 Officers, Civilian: Police
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|