Sep 20, 2013, 9:40 AM PDT
On Thursday, baseball got its first playoff participant, the Los Angeles Dodgers. After the Diamondbacks asked the Dodgers not to celebrate on their field in a clinching scenario, they did the classy thing expected of a history-rich franchise and obliged by dunking themselves in their pool instead.
“They’ve clinched the division this year, but if that’s how they’re going to act and be classless, that’s their gig, that’s their clubhouse,” Bloomquist told Arizona Sports. “I just think it’s disrespectful and classless.”
When a team clinches a playoff berth they are immediately fed as many beers and bottles of champagne as they can handle. How else do you explain this?
Sure, their actions in the pool were disrespectful, but it’s not as ridiculous as the D-Backs asking them not to come back out to celebrate on the field in front of the Dodgers fans in attendance.
If you want to see the proper way to take the high road, read Brandon McCarthy’s tweet in response to the Dodgers’ swim.
Also, note to the Dodgers: That’s not how you celebrate. This is how you celebrate.
Coco Crisp did a different handshake with every player he encountered in the dugout after hitting the go-ahead two-run home run in the eighth inning that helped the A’s beat the Twins 8-6. It’s worth noting that Crisp teaches his handshake techniques in the next episode of All A’s, which debuts on Saturday after A’s Postgame Live.
The A’s magic number to clinch the American League West is down to four, and they can clinch a playoff berth as early as this weekend in Oakland.
Hopefully there’s no standing water for them to swim in when they do.
Time to take a plunge into some links.
Field of Links:
— It’s easy to see Todd Helton pull off this hidden ball trick with the naked eye.
— Will the real Andy Reid please stand up?
— This lady may have outdone the Giants’ Great Glove Granny.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Woman Who Livestreamed Fatal California Crash Arrested Again
- SJPD Lawfully Shot Armed Man in UPS Truck Carjacking: DA
- 49ers practice report: George Kittle expected to play vs. Washington
- Lakers center JaVale McGee tricks Warriors before dunk in preseason game
- CCSF Campus Evacuated Due to Reported Bomb Threat: Police
- Dogs Shot While Deputies Patrol Castro Valley Homeless Camp
- Raiders' Paul Guenther calls Vontaze Burfict suspension 'witch hunt'
- NFL trade deadline: Position-by-position look at 49ers' plan of attack
- Andre Iguodala discusses his NBA future, won't be like Vince Carter
- Richard Sherman says Jalen Ramsey has all leverage after Rams' trade
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|