Sep 22, 2013, 2:17 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are back-to-back American League West champions. The A’s clinched their second consecutive division title after a walk-off grand slam by Royals outfielder Justin Maxwell in the bottom of the 10th inning.
The slam defeated the Rangers 4-0 and mathematically ended their chances at overtaking the A’s. The A’s are currently playing the Minnesota Twins in Oakland. At the conclusion of the game, they will celebrate in a manner that makes this Royals walk-off celebration look tame.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- A's notes: Chapman extends two streaks, Lowrie returning to form
- More New High-Rises May Be Coming to SF's SOMA
- Giants Rally For 4 Runs in Ninth to Beat Dodgers
- Here's what fans missed in the A's come-from-way-ahead-to-damned-near-behind win over M's
- Manaea pitches into the eighth, Lowrie drives in four as A's hold off Mariners
- Giants erupt in ninth, stun Dodgers in series opener
- Bodycam Video: Police Rush to Aid SPCA as Fire Approaches
- Cat Lost in North Bay Fires Reunited With Owner
- Firefighter Dies in Mendocino Complex Fire: Officials
- Crawford, Hernandez involved in nasty collision in LA
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|