Sep 22, 2013, 2:17 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are back-to-back American League West champions. The A’s clinched their second consecutive division title after a walk-off grand slam by Royals outfielder Justin Maxwell in the bottom of the 10th inning.
The slam defeated the Rangers 4-0 and mathematically ended their chances at overtaking the A’s. The A’s are currently playing the Minnesota Twins in Oakland. At the conclusion of the game, they will celebrate in a manner that makes this Royals walk-off celebration look tame.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Carter passes Ewing on all-time scoring list
- Warriors put up fight after Draymond Green's injury, but fade late in loss to Spurs
- Celebration of Life Honors Women Killed at Veterans Home
- State Bill Seeks Millions for Embarcadero Sea Wall Upgrades
- Condoleezza Rice to Kickoff Speaker Series at SJSU
- Grenades at SJ Home Prompt Evacuations, Bomb Squad Response
- State Bill Seeks Denser, Higher Home Building in Bay Area
- A's agree to deal with familiar veteran pitcher
- Draymond Green knocked out of game vs Spurs with pelvic contusion
- WATCH: Pistons vs Kings
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|