Sep 22, 2013, 2:17 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are back-to-back American League West champions. The A’s clinched their second consecutive division title after a walk-off grand slam by Royals outfielder Justin Maxwell in the bottom of the 10th inning.
The slam defeated the Rangers 4-0 and mathematically ended their chances at overtaking the A’s. The A’s are currently playing the Minnesota Twins in Oakland. At the conclusion of the game, they will celebrate in a manner that makes this Royals walk-off celebration look tame.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 49ers-Rams injury report: CB Jimmie Ward unlikely to play Sunday
- Jazz a revenge game for Jonas Jerebko? 'Don’t really care about them anymore'
- Richard Sherman explains why he's not disappointed teams aren't targeting him
- Marin-native Jared Goff addresses Bay Area-LA rivalry
- 'Amazon Go' Store Approved for SF's Financial District
- Sharks debuting new 3D helmet decal on Stealth Night
- Evaluating A's arbitration in 2018 MLB offseason: Liam Hendriks
- Why Raiders might wade back into NFL trade market with rumors swirling
- 49ers Player to Watch in Week 7 vs. Rams: Marquise Goodwin
- Giants Review: In limited time, Avelino was 'a breath of fresh air'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|