Sep 22, 2013, 2:17 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are back-to-back American League West champions. The A’s clinched their second consecutive division title after a walk-off grand slam by Royals outfielder Justin Maxwell in the bottom of the 10th inning.
The slam defeated the Rangers 4-0 and mathematically ended their chances at overtaking the A’s. The A’s are currently playing the Minnesota Twins in Oakland. At the conclusion of the game, they will celebrate in a manner that makes this Royals walk-off celebration look tame.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- More Suspected Arson Fires in Downtown San Jose
- IN-GAME LIVE: 49ers vs. Broncos
- No Phones: San Mateo High Launches New Program For Students
- Why George Kittle's dad writes him a letter before every 49ers game
- How D'Angelo Russell impressed Warriors GM Bob Myers with his maturity
- Firefighters Battle Blaze in Sonoma County
- Steph Curry announces plans to fund Howard University golf teams
- Garoppolo to Return to Field in 49ers-Broncos Preseason Game
- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls Traffic in San Jose; No Injuries
- Ghost Ship Trial: 3 Jurors Dismissed; Deliberations Restart
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|