Sep 22, 2013, 2:17 PM PST
The Oakland Athletics are back-to-back American League West champions. The A’s clinched their second consecutive division title after a walk-off grand slam by Royals outfielder Justin Maxwell in the bottom of the 10th inning.
The slam defeated the Rangers 4-0 and mathematically ended their chances at overtaking the A’s. The A’s are currently playing the Minnesota Twins in Oakland. At the conclusion of the game, they will celebrate in a manner that makes this Royals walk-off celebration look tame.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Raiders Insider Podcast: Michael Lombardi
- Ask Kerith: How DeMarcus Cousins will assimilate to Warriors' offense
- Power Outage Affecting Thousands in East San Jose: PG&E
- Untended Cooking Causes Fire at Concord Apartment
- Wal-Mart Theft Suspects Crash Vehicle After Police Pursuit
- MLB rumors: A's haven't called free agent Troy Tulowitzki
- Timo Meier's big night helps Sharks beat Stars, win third straight game
- Shot of the Game: Timo Meier does it again vs. Stars
- Sharks win third straight, 'starting to grow' into team they want to be
- Waymo Plans to Continue Testing Driverless Cars in Bay Area
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|