Sep 23, 2013, 2:18 PM PST
Just when you thought you’d seen true stupidity, another idiotic turn of events comes around and smashes its way into the news cycle like a bottle of bubbly across the dome.
It took less than three days before someone upstaged the antics of 49ers outside linebacker Aldon Smith. Blowing twice the legal limit at approximately 7:00 a.m. BEFORE a team practice and AFTER crashing a car is up there, but as Forrest Gump says, “Stupid is as stupid does” and the NFL does stupid so very well.
Smith’s incident happened on Friday. Before he could enter himself into a substance abuse program, two more incidents stole the show.
On Sunday, news broke that Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller tried to swap out a urine sample while appealing a drug suspension. Miller apparently tried to conspire with a urine collector to beat the system. Miller was suspended for a diluted sample in the first place and he already got in trouble in 2011 for a different positive test. At least he wasn’t caught with “The Whizzinator.”
Early Monday morning (AKA shortly after the strip clubs close), TMZ reported that Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones was injured in a brawl on a party bus. On the bright side, the Ravens players weren’t drinking and driving. They were, however, reportedly loaded onto a bus with a bottle-wielding lady named “Sweet Pea” and her friends.
During the bus bash, Ms. Pea(?) reportedly hit Jones over the head with an Armand de Brignac champagne bottle. According to the report, when Jones’ friends tried to retaliate, offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie stepped in to stop them and a fight occurred. McKinnie was also involved in the Minnesota Vikings “Sex Boat” scandal.
Smith has been placed on the 49ers non-football illness list. He faced the media after Sunday’s game and admitted that he had a problem and vowed to fix it. He is an exceptionally talented football player, but he has been involved in several incidents already. Maybe he can find a way to make better decisions. Unfortunately, it takes a huge mistake before a lesson is learned and in some instances it’s too late to make a true change.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Ever wonder how the Giants chalk their infield?
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Bad offense, not bad officiating, is main culprit for Sharks' skid
- Gameday: How the well-rested Nets will test the Durant-less Warriors
- Joel Embiid 'likes' Kevin Durant's postgame comments
- Steph Curry goes on rant over how Celtics-in-Finals comments were interpreted
- Warriors F Kevin Durant won't play vs Nets due to ankle injury
- Watch: Fleetwood gets emotional with family after Race to Dubai win
- SFO Is Among 10 Most Instagram-Worthy Airports in US: Report
- Matsuyama after Koepka rout: 'Huge gap between us'
- McCormick to caddie for Spieth at Aussie Open
- Rahm wins finale, Fleetwood takes Race to Dubai
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|