Sep 23, 2013, 2:18 PM PST
Just when you thought you’d seen true stupidity, another idiotic turn of events comes around and smashes its way into the news cycle like a bottle of bubbly across the dome.
It took less than three days before someone upstaged the antics of 49ers outside linebacker Aldon Smith. Blowing twice the legal limit at approximately 7:00 a.m. BEFORE a team practice and AFTER crashing a car is up there, but as Forrest Gump says, “Stupid is as stupid does” and the NFL does stupid so very well.
Smith’s incident happened on Friday. Before he could enter himself into a substance abuse program, two more incidents stole the show.
On Sunday, news broke that Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller tried to swap out a urine sample while appealing a drug suspension. Miller apparently tried to conspire with a urine collector to beat the system. Miller was suspended for a diluted sample in the first place and he already got in trouble in 2011 for a different positive test. At least he wasn’t caught with “The Whizzinator.”
Early Monday morning (AKA shortly after the strip clubs close), TMZ reported that Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones was injured in a brawl on a party bus. On the bright side, the Ravens players weren’t drinking and driving. They were, however, reportedly loaded onto a bus with a bottle-wielding lady named “Sweet Pea” and her friends.
During the bus bash, Ms. Pea(?) reportedly hit Jones over the head with an Armand de Brignac champagne bottle. According to the report, when Jones’ friends tried to retaliate, offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie stepped in to stop them and a fight occurred. McKinnie was also involved in the Minnesota Vikings “Sex Boat” scandal.
Smith has been placed on the 49ers non-football illness list. He faced the media after Sunday’s game and admitted that he had a problem and vowed to fix it. He is an exceptionally talented football player, but he has been involved in several incidents already. Maybe he can find a way to make better decisions. Unfortunately, it takes a huge mistake before a lesson is learned and in some instances it’s too late to make a true change.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kings trio puts on a show at 2019 NBA Rising Stars Challenge in Charlotte
- Records Challenge Nebraska's Account of Washington Case
- Why Colin Kaepernick's NFL settlement doesn't mean he'll rejoin league
- 75-Year-Old Woman Miraculously Survives Sausalito Landslide
- Klay Thompson volunteers his time to kick off All-Star Weekend in Charlotte
- Get primed for the NBA 3-point shooting contest featuring Curry vs. Curry
- UPS Driver Praised for Purposely Driving Slow During Pursuit
- Bat Found at Southland Mall Tests Positive for Rabies
- Oakland Teachers May Strike Next Week
- Steph Curry sits down for exclusive interview from NBA All-Star Weekend
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|