Sep 23, 2013, 2:18 PM PDT
Just when you thought you’d seen true stupidity, another idiotic turn of events comes around and smashes its way into the news cycle like a bottle of bubbly across the dome.
It took less than three days before someone upstaged the antics of 49ers outside linebacker Aldon Smith. Blowing twice the legal limit at approximately 7:00 a.m. BEFORE a team practice and AFTER crashing a car is up there, but as Forrest Gump says, “Stupid is as stupid does” and the NFL does stupid so very well.
Smith’s incident happened on Friday. Before he could enter himself into a substance abuse program, two more incidents stole the show.
On Sunday, news broke that Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller tried to swap out a urine sample while appealing a drug suspension. Miller apparently tried to conspire with a urine collector to beat the system. Miller was suspended for a diluted sample in the first place and he already got in trouble in 2011 for a different positive test. At least he wasn’t caught with “The Whizzinator.”
Early Monday morning (AKA shortly after the strip clubs close), TMZ reported that Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones was injured in a brawl on a party bus. On the bright side, the Ravens players weren’t drinking and driving. They were, however, reportedly loaded onto a bus with a bottle-wielding lady named “Sweet Pea” and her friends.
During the bus bash, Ms. Pea(?) reportedly hit Jones over the head with an Armand de Brignac champagne bottle. According to the report, when Jones’ friends tried to retaliate, offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie stepped in to stop them and a fight occurred. McKinnie was also involved in the Minnesota Vikings “Sex Boat” scandal.
Smith has been placed on the 49ers non-football illness list. He faced the media after Sunday’s game and admitted that he had a problem and vowed to fix it. He is an exceptionally talented football player, but he has been involved in several incidents already. Maybe he can find a way to make better decisions. Unfortunately, it takes a huge mistake before a lesson is learned and in some instances it’s too late to make a true change.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Stephen Curry dons dapper attire for GQ Magazine
- Durant hits fadeaway 3-pointer to put Warriors up 32
- Cain exits game vs Dodgers with trainer before start of seventh inning
- Milwaukee Woman Says Fitbit Exploded and Burned Her Arm
- Suspicious Device Shuts Down Streets in SF's Potrero Hill
- Dozens of Minors Raid BART Train, Rob and Injure Riders
- McGee throws down monster lob dunk over two Blazers
- DeBoer reveals Thornton's injury, calls effort 'courageous'
- Durant crosses over Aminu, flies in for huge dunk
- Durant's chase-down block leads to wide open Curry 3-pointer
- Gallery: Top highlights from Game 4 between Warriors and Blazers
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|