Sep 23, 2013, 3:33 PM PST
He’s big, powerful, and speaks with a raspy voice. He’s the Raider Rusher.
The Oakland Raiders will be introducing a new member of the team on Tuesday. No, he won’t be threatening anyone’s playing time, but he is expected to be an effective player in community relations.
The Twitterverse was up in arms over the weekend when Darren Rovell sent this tweet, teasing that the Raiders had a new mascot.
In truth, he’s not really a mascot. He’s just a character on Nickelodeon’s NFL RUSH ZONE: Season of the Guardians that has been brought to life to serve the community. According to a release from the Raiders, the Raider Rusher will officially be unveiled on Tuesday in front of approximately 100 elementary school kids. The kids will be VIP guests of a special screening of the cartoon that is co-produced by the NFL and Nickelodeon.
The episode features the Raider Rusher and the real Raiders rusher, Darren McFadden. There’s actually already a preview clip online featuring the two of them in cartoon form.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Congressional Report Confirms NBC Bay Area Investigation
- 49ers-Seahawks injury report: Jaquiski Tartt out for second straight game
- Warriors-Kings battle for NorCal now comes with very real consequences
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- 49ers vs. Seahawks live stream: How to watch NFL Week 15 game online
- How Sharks' defense is making progress, helping produce string of wins
- Raiders must use 2019 NFL draft, free agency to overhaul wide receiver corps
- Stephen Curry lauds De'Aaron Fox's progress, shares what greatness takes
- Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely by NFL
- Jon Gruden trolls Stephen A. Smith, says Raiders need Tim Brown vs. Bengals
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|