Sep 23, 2013, 3:33 PM PDT
He’s big, powerful, and speaks with a raspy voice. He’s the Raider Rusher.
The Oakland Raiders will be introducing a new member of the team on Tuesday. No, he won’t be threatening anyone’s playing time, but he is expected to be an effective player in community relations.
The Twitterverse was up in arms over the weekend when Darren Rovell sent this tweet, teasing that the Raiders had a new mascot.
In truth, he’s not really a mascot. He’s just a character on Nickelodeon’s NFL RUSH ZONE: Season of the Guardians that has been brought to life to serve the community. According to a release from the Raiders, the Raider Rusher will officially be unveiled on Tuesday in front of approximately 100 elementary school kids. The kids will be VIP guests of a special screening of the cartoon that is co-produced by the NFL and Nickelodeon.
The episode features the Raider Rusher and the real Raiders rusher, Darren McFadden. There’s actually already a preview clip online featuring the two of them in cartoon form.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Future with Sharks still uncertain for Thornton, Marleau
- 49ers begin final phase of offseason program
- MLB Power Rankings:
- Deeper Raiders Offense May be in NFL's Top Five
- Flight Makes Unscheduled Stop at SFO Due to Unruly Passenger
- Man Charged For Trying to Light Diners in Denny's on Fire
- Police Unable to Find Possibly Barricaded Suspects in SJ
- Man Arrested in Stabbing Attack of Woman, 2 Kids and a Baby
- No Sign of Fairfield Father Who Disappeared While Saving Son
- Suspects Escape After Home Invasion, Police Shooting in SF
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|