Sep 23, 2013, 3:33 PM PDT
He’s big, powerful, and speaks with a raspy voice. He’s the Raider Rusher.
The Oakland Raiders will be introducing a new member of the team on Tuesday. No, he won’t be threatening anyone’s playing time, but he is expected to be an effective player in community relations.
The Twitterverse was up in arms over the weekend when Darren Rovell sent this tweet, teasing that the Raiders had a new mascot.
In truth, he’s not really a mascot. He’s just a character on Nickelodeon’s NFL RUSH ZONE: Season of the Guardians that has been brought to life to serve the community. According to a release from the Raiders, the Raider Rusher will officially be unveiled on Tuesday in front of approximately 100 elementary school kids. The kids will be VIP guests of a special screening of the cartoon that is co-produced by the NFL and Nickelodeon.
The episode features the Raider Rusher and the real Raiders rusher, Darren McFadden. There’s actually already a preview clip online featuring the two of them in cartoon form.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Yonder Alonso takes you through his painful foul ball vs Astros
- Highlights: Jaycob Brugman lays out for spectacular diving catch
- How bad is Yonder Alonso's injury? 'Got him pretty good'
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways from A's loss despite five home runs
- Pit Bull Recovering After Found Badly Injured in Palo Alto
- New San Francisco Center Devoted to Poster Art
- Cubs outfielder vows he didn't give Trump the middle finger at White House
- Drive of the Game: A's slugger Khris Davis crushes two homers in Houston
- Consumers Say Health Club Misled Them
- Giants notes: Melancon gets injection; Kontos gets an at-bat
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|