Sep 23, 2013, 3:33 PM PDT
He’s big, powerful, and speaks with a raspy voice. He’s the Raider Rusher.
The Oakland Raiders will be introducing a new member of the team on Tuesday. No, he won’t be threatening anyone’s playing time, but he is expected to be an effective player in community relations.
The Twitterverse was up in arms over the weekend when Darren Rovell sent this tweet, teasing that the Raiders had a new mascot.
In truth, he’s not really a mascot. He’s just a character on Nickelodeon’s NFL RUSH ZONE: Season of the Guardians that has been brought to life to serve the community. According to a release from the Raiders, the Raider Rusher will officially be unveiled on Tuesday in front of approximately 100 elementary school kids. The kids will be VIP guests of a special screening of the cartoon that is co-produced by the NFL and Nickelodeon.
The episode features the Raider Rusher and the real Raiders rusher, Darren McFadden. There’s actually already a preview clip online featuring the two of them in cartoon form.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Throwback Thursday: Tyson banned for biting Holyfield's ears
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- Sharks vs. Sabres live stream: Watch NHL game online on MyTeams
- Water Main Break Prompts Street Closure in Alameda
- 49ers-Rams injury report: CB Jimmie Ward unlikely to play Sunday
- Jazz a revenge game for Jonas Jerebko? 'Don’t really care about them anymore'
- Richard Sherman explains why he's not disappointed teams aren't targeting him
- Marin-native Jared Goff addresses Bay Area-LA rivalry
- 'Amazon Go' Store Approved for SF's Financial District
- Sharks debuting new 3D helmet decal on Stealth Night
- Evaluating A's arbitration in 2018 MLB offseason: Liam Hendriks
- Why Raiders might wade back into NFL trade market with rumors swirling
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|